Chapter 17

Cross and Reaper woke up soon after Drako 'went to bed'; two hours later actually. It wasn't a surprise for Drako and Torment; Cross liked to train early in the morning and Reaper probably didn't get a lot of sleep –which explained his addiction to coffee– since people died at any time of the day and the night. Poor guy, it was probably the most he slept in a very long time.

Not like Torment and Drako could say anything, really. Torment usually slept once a week, and more if he wanted to, while Drako didn't sleep unless forced or knocked out –and usually he needed to be knocked out if they wanted to force him because otherwise he always found ways to escape–. He was rarely willing to sleep, but when he was, the gang almost wanted to throw a party each time. Cross really was the only one of them with a remotely decent sleep schedule.

Once awake, they both started to panic at the sight of their new bodies, but soon calmed down thanks to Torment and Drako. They would need to get used to this...

Drako got out of his bed with Reaper on his shoulder, while Cross took place on one of Torment's tentacle. Not that it bothered Torment; he was used to this. Sometimes in the morning, he had almost all his gang on him because they were still too sleepy to walk properly out of their rooms. Most of the time, they were hanging from his tentacles while muttering nonsense, but there was occasions when Torment ended up with one in his arms.

"Damn it my fur is a mess!" Cross gained everyone's attention by saying that. And it was true, his fur was quite disheveled and seemed in need of a good brushing. Torment and Drako snickered at the sight, while Reaper just smiled, deciding to stay silent. His fur was just as much of a mess; he couldn't make fun of Cross. "We'll ask Gaster if he has a brush, don't worry."

"AnD If He DoESn'T, I CaN AlWAYs tAKe OnE FrOM a StORe." Both of the furry balls nodded in response, trying –and failing– to clean their fur a little with their paws. The two skeletons smiled at how cute they looked while doing so, and none of them noticed Torment taking out his phone to take a picture of them. Once done, he saw Drako motion to him to send the picture, which he did with a smile. They both nodded at each other, silently promising to take more pictures of their two fluffy companions and to send them to the other. "Oh, AnD I THouGHt AbOuT It LaST NiGhT-"

"Instead of sleeping?" Drako only looked at Cross silently before continuing what he was saying without taking the time to answer. Cross could only stare at him disapprovingly. "If YoU WaNT, I cAn HeLP yOu TrAIn To FlY?"

Reaper shrugged. "I don't think I need it, I had wings back in our Multiverse, and these ones are quite similar. It should be easy to get used to it." Drako nodded, remembering the few times when he saw Reaper's wings. He didn't use them often, as he was floating either way, but it was truly a pretty sight when he did. Cross sighed and nodded. "I would like some help. But that doesn't excuse you from staying up all night!"

Drako did his best innocent look toward the fluffy dragon before doing what any brother would do to their sibling. "ToRMeNt ALsO StAYeD Up!" He denounced him.

Cross and Reaper looked confused at the name, since they were sleeping when Torment decided of it, but quickly understood he was talking about their goopy father-brother-like figure after seeing him look angrily at Drako. Cross frowned. "Both of you need to sleep, stop doing that!"

Reaper raised a brow –which was hard to see with all his fluffiness– interrogatively. "They stay up often?" Cross sighed and nodded in response. "Yes. Night-Torment?" He paused, looking at the goopy skeleton who nodded, before continuing. "Torment sleep usually once a week and if we don't force Drako, he wouldn't sleep unless knocked out!" Reaper frown after hearing that, eying the two Gods disapprovingly. Being one who couldn't get much sleep because of his job, he knew very well how unhealthy that was.