Chapter 38

Drako took advantage of the fact that Vibrant was unconscious to stay by his side, thus escaping dinner. He placed the colorful parasite on his bed –of course, after taking the parasite's shoes off, he didn't want to dirty his bed– and sat on the star-shaped carpet before starting to stare at Vibrant, waiting for the 90's Nightmare to wake up. Thankfully, no one was there to tell him that he was acting creepy by doing that, as he didn't see the problem with staring at sleeping people. At least, he was sure that the parasite was safe!... Even if there wasn't any threat to begin with in the first place. He also took Vibrant's glasses and cap and placed them on his dresser with his own stuff.

He was honestly quite curious about what happened in their old Multiverse after his brothers' departure, which only made him more impatient for Vibrant to wake up. He sighed and started playing with his strings while waiting. 'Maybe I should make a new outfit for Vibrant too?'

He thought about it for a second before looking at Vibrant. He shrugged and started to work on it. He did need a new style if he didn't want to be Fresh's perfect copy... But then again, Nightmare and Killer already saw him anyway, so it probably wasn't that useful. Oh well, nothing obliged him to wear the clothes anyway, and Drako was bored. He ignored Psyche when they teased him for making up unnecessary excuses.

He chose a more pastel-like color palette for the outfit, while still keeping the eye-catching style so characteristic of Vibrant –or rather Freshs in general? He couldn't tell, as he only met Vibrant, and despite technically knowing that Fresh was the same, there might be other Freshs not so noticeable by their clothes–. He started humming softly while he was working.

He started with a simple green bonnet with a white gardenia flower stitched on it on the right side of the bonnet accompanied by a white strip attached at it by a green –the same green as the bonnet– button. He then did a green shawl, which would cover his shoulders and reach approximatively the middle of his body with a hood and white rails-like designs. The space between each 'rail' being green. There was also white arcs made of lace at the bottom of the shawl.

He then worked on a yellow long-sleeved sweater with a white heart looking like a Monster SOUL in the middle. After this, he did –with a bit more trouble– a belt that had green and white squares forming a chessboard-like design on it, the buckle of if being white. Once that was done, he made a red short stopping mid-thigh with an orange strip at the bottom. He then worked on pastel rainbows long socks, that would cover all the bones of his legs. He then made long combat boots, which should reach just under his knees. They were once again green, the laces being white and a few yellow fabric strips hanging from the top of it. To finish it all, he made black lace fingerless gloves. He nodded to himself once that he was done, satisfied by his work.

"Hey, do you think that Gaster will adopt him too?" Drako shrugged, copying the codes of the outfit in case he needed to duplicate it. He was still too lazy to make multiple outfits. 'Maybe? It wouldn't surprise me honestly. But I'm not sure if Vibrant could stay still in an AU for long... And we would need to update our backstory for him to fit in, or think about something. How fun.'

Psyche paused, seeming to think about something, before asking Drako something that made him wants to slam his head in a wall –he already did, and frankly it wasn't that bad, Ink's paintbrush hurt worse–. "Couldn't you have copied your necklace's codes instead of looking for crystals that only were in UnderKeep?"

He wanted to scream right now. But he didn't. Vibrant was sleeping after all. So he opened a portal to the Anti-Void, where the Voices greeted him happily, before letting out the biggest scream of exasperation that he ever made, making the Voices quite concerned.

"Are you okay Draky?!"

"What is wrong?!"

"Are you hurt?!"