Episode 2: Out of Time #1

There was a dream you had. Always. Of a storm. Of disaster.

That was the good one.

You weren't having that dream this time.

Jessie: Hey, dorkus. Wake up.

Your brother nudged you causing you to inhale and lift your head up from your desk. You rubbed your eye as you looked around.

You were back in your room.

In San Francisco.

Jessie: Dude, why do you keep watching this stuff if you're just going to fall asleep?

He gestured to your laptop where a video of Bob Ross was playing. You leaned back in your chair, propping on foot on it, and looked at your brother.

Y/N: I dunno. It's Bob Ross.

Jessie just laughed as he walked over towards your canvas. Your newest piece. Simply titled, Spots.

It really looked more like a spiral of blues and purples with a splash of red.

Jessie: Damn. This one is pretty good, Y/N.

You smiled a bit at the compliment. Honestly, it was definitely one of the better ones.

Jessie was smiling, because of course he was. It was just the kind of guy he was. Even though he was only a few years older than you, he still acted like he was 16 sometimes. Maybe even a little younger.

His hair was still cut in that regular comb over he loved ever since that rapper came onto the scene. G-Eazy. Seemed fitting since he was from just across the bay.

He was dressed up like he always was. A pair of plain jeans, a white shirt tucked in, and a black flannel.

Y/N: So, did you need something?

Jessie: Nah. Just wanted to check in on my baby brother. See how Mr. Picasso was doing. Mom said you were a little bummed that I was here for your birthday.

You shrugged. He had a football game that day. And it was away. But he did make up for it with that cake he brought home. And, he did say he dedicated that win to you.

Jessie: Also, I just got this in the mail. I wanted you to be the first one to see it.

He pulled something out from his pocket and handed it to you. You slowly took it and immediately recognized the logo on the envelope. Your eyes went wide.

Y/N: No way.

You quickly opened it while Jessie watched. You pulled out the letter and read it over. A smile slowly began to form on your face.

Y/N: Is this....

Jessie: I'm gonna be an Oregon Duck, baby!

He got accepted. He actually got accepted. And they were going to give him a full ride scholarship. This was....amazing! His first choice school accepted him. Then again, he was the best football player in the bay. Yes, that included the 49ers and the Raiders.

You got up from your chair and hugged your brother as he picked you up.

Jessie: Gonna take Oregon by storm. Just you watch.

He set you down and you looked at the letter again.

Y/N: This is so fucking cool!

Jessie: Yeah, it is. So I say we celebrate. Both your birthday, and my ride out of the bay.

You continued to smile, before you slowly realized what this meant. You slowly lowered the letter which made Jessie notice.

Jessie: What's up? Why the long face?