Episode 1: Chrysalis #2

You reached the courtyard of the dorms and found Logan playing catch with Zachary while Victoria and her pose hung around the entrance. Alyssa was there, too, but you didn't really care.

You headed towards the entrance, but, of cocourse, Victora was blocking the way.

Victora: Oh, if it isn't the bass man himself.

Y/N: Look, Victoria, I'm not really in the mood. Can you guys please move? I need to get to my room.

Victora eyed you for a moment. You and her were both on different ends of the popularity spectrum. She was a bitch, but people loved her. You were more laid back, and people loved you.

You had been invited to quite a few Vortex Club parties, but you never mingled with her. For good reason, too. Ever since she tried to straight up drug Rachel during the school play a few years back.

Taylor: Hey, Y/N.

You gave a short smile and waved back at her. Like I said, people did love you. It was easy to see why, too.

You played the bass in a band that everyone found themselves listening too, you got along with almost everyone unless you had a reason not to, and you were always kind. You had to be. You made the promise to be.

Victoria: Fine. But you should have your guys play at one of the Vortex Club parties. If you do, I'll owe you one.

She leaned forward with her chin on her fist as she looked up at you. You smiled, but you felt disgusted. She was pining for Mr. Jefferson, everyone knew that. And every time she flirted with you, for some reason, you felt like she was really mocking you.

She was just that kind of person.

Y/N: I'll think about it.

She nudged Courtney and signaled for her to get up. Courtney did as such and you felt bad for the poor girl. She just wanted to belong. So much so that she had become a slave.

You nodded as a thanks and headed up the steps. Once inside, you made your way to the stairs to head up to your floor.

Today was a weird day. And here you thought it was going to be like any other.

You looked down at your hand again. The eye that Rachel had tattooed on it, it was staring directly into your soul it seemed.

It was more of a reminder. Of what you lost, what you gained, and what you could've had.

You made a fist and lowered it as you reached your room. It was cracked open, so you knew Chloe was already here.

You pushed the door open and found your cousin sitting in your bed with her head in her hand. You closed the door behind you.

Your room was pretty simple. A desk in the corner for schoolwork, a bed with F/C blankets, a few posters here and there, two lawn chairs for when you had people over, and small TV you found in town for $20. Pretty good deal.

On your desk was your laptop and a few books you had been reading. Your bass also sat beside it, untouched. There were also some posters here and there. Some of movies, some of tour dates, and one of the hotdog man.

And, of course, your mini cactus that Rachel had gotten you for your 17th birthday.

Y/N: Chloe...

Chloe: That was fucking crazy.

She suddenly stood up and started to pace back and forth. You sighed and leaned against the wall as you watched her.

Y/N: Yeah, what the hell was that, by the way? Why were you meeting with Nathan?