good morning.

I am alone.

Well, I'm home alone. Much to my parents disapproval, at that. They were convinced that I would throw a party or something. Clearly, they don't know their daughter.

Two nights alone, that's all. I can survive. However, the only way I'll survive with my sanity intact is if I call in reinforcements. Well, a reinforcement. My only real friend.

Cole.

Cole is the most beautiful girl in the world. At least I think so. She has been my best friend since I can remember and I have always looked up to her. Well, down at her, she's 5'1 so I've got a solid seven inches on her at my 5'8.

I've never been completely sure what I'm into, but I know I'm into her. I would say I have been for about four years now, since the summer after eighth grade when she told me about her first kiss with the school playboy Griffen Skinner. Let's just say I was jealous. So from then on I would think about kissing her and...other things. But that's not important!

What is important is the fact that, as far as I know, she is straight. Although, as far as she knows, I am straight. So who knows.

The doorbell rings and right after it stops there is a banging at the door and a high voice yelling "I'm here to save you, my precious innocent bestie!!!" Pfft, innocent, if only you knew.

"I'm coming, just a second! You menace." I said the last part in a regular tone. As soon as I unlocked the door it swung open, almost hitting me in the face.

"I heard that." Was how she announced her arrival.

"Good." I turned around and made my way up to my room, I already knew she was following behind. When I got there I threw myself on my bed and she followed, throwing herself on top of me, effectively elbowing me in the boob.

"OW!" I shouted.

"Oh my god, what!" She got up and started flailing her arms trying to see what's wrong. I rocked back and forth holding my chest.

"You elbowed me in the boob, you heathen." I growled.

"I'm so sorry! Are you about to start your period? Is that why they're sore?" She looked so sorry, I knew she was. No matter in what way, I know she loves me.

"Yeah next week. I'll be fine. It's okay." I opened my arms for a hug and she immediately flung herself into them.

"I'm so sorry. I love you." She mumbled as she nuzzled her face into my neck. I love this. I love that she's so comfortable with me. Which I know would change if she knew I was in love with her, but oh well, I'll enjoy this while I can.

"I know. I love you, too." I sighed into her hair. She smells like pineapple.

Suddenly she jumped up. "Let's watch a movie!"

"Okay, you pick, I'll go get snacks." I head downstairs to get our movie night essentials. M&Ms, gummy worms for me, and gummy bears for her because she insists they taste better.

When I get back upstairs I see she's chosen Call Me By Your Name. Of course. She's been obsessed with this movie since it came out. I've probably been forced to watch it about a thousand times. But I love watching her watch it so it's fine.

"Of course, why am I not surprised!" I dropped all our candy on the bed along with two cans of Dr. Pepper, her favorite.

"Hey, this movie is a cinematic masterpiece! Plus, I know you like it."

"Sure."

So, we watched it. And like always, I watched her eyes widen whenever they kissed and I watched her sit up and pout when they fought and I watched her eyebrows furrow as she tried not to cry at the end.

When I noticed her eyes get glassy, I grabbed the remote to turn off the movie and looked at the time. 01:45.

"Okay, I think it's time for bed. Do you need clothes?" I asked her.

She beamed at me. "Pleeeease." She is adorable.

"You know where they are, I'm going to brush my teeth. Your toothbrush is in the other bathroom." I walked out.

When I came back she must've been in the bathroom. I need to prepare myself for when she comes back. Whenever she borrows my clothes I always have to pick my jaw up off the floor before my drool stains the carpet.

She comes back, looking beautiful, obviously. "Okay, I'm ready, cuddle me."

This. She always wants to cuddle. Luckily I don't have the problem of my arousal being obvious like men do, praise the gods for that or else I would be incredibly embarrassed half the time I'm around her.

I pulled her against me when she laid down. She is so warm. Suddenly, she turns around and smiles at me. That smile. I just have to smile back.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You know I love you, right?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

"Of course, and I'm loving you right back." I smiled at her.

My smile slowly dropped as I watched her stare at me and her gaze slowly lowered to my mouth. She leaned in.

And she kissed me.

Her lips were just as soft as I imagined. They were warm. I put my hand on her cheek to draw her in as I opened her mouth with my tongue. I cannot believe this is happening.

This went on for about two minutes. Her hands in my hair, mine on her face. She pulled away and smiled.

"I've wanted to do that for a while." She breathed out.

"What?" I asked, out of breath.

"I love you. I've wanted to kiss you for a while." She stroked my hair as she continued to smile.

"So have I. Wow, I love you so much, Cole." I pulled her to my chest, hugging her.

We stayed like that as we fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to a pair of lips kissing all over my face. My cheeks, my eyelids, my nose, and finally, my lips. I opened my eyes and took a deep breath in through my nose.

"Good morning, my love."

She smiled

"Good morning, my darling."

-
1062