34

I wake up to my phone alarm blaring right in my ear. I groan and turn back over with a pillow over my ears.

I groan again when I remember that I had school, I turn the alarm off and swing my legs over the side of the bed and get up quickly, waiting for the dizziness to wear off.

I stumble tiredly to the bathroom and have an ice cold shower to wake me up. I step out of the shower and pull my clean clothes that were on the dresser.

I then walk over to the mirror and desperately try to untangle my long blonde locks. I pull my hairbrush through the thick strands, wincing when it gets stuck in a knot. That's the problem with long, thick, hip length hair, it gets a bit knotted.

I put a minimal amount of makeup consisting of a bit of eyeliner, a touch of mascara on my long lashes and lip gloss.

I pull my long hair in a messy bun and tie with two extra thick hair ties. I pull on my comfy lilac trainers and go into the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth because of stupidly forgotten to *smacks hand to forehead*.

I then look at my phone, taking in the time and then I slip my phone into my pocket and head downstairs to the massive cafeteria were I spot Fraser, Cass and Ellie stood in the corner.

When they spot me they smile and Ellie runs to me and squeals "First day of school!

I smile, not quite reaching her level of enthusiasm.

Fraser comes over to me and hugs me, easing some of the nervousness that was pooling in the pit of my stomach "you'll be great Casey".

I smile into his chest "I hope so".

Cass smiles at me and says "ready to go?

I take a breath and say "No but that won't stop you dragging me there will it?

She chuckles and shakes her head "nah s'pose not, come on" she gestures "the courtyards this way".

***

When we reach the Courtyard anxiety and unease fills my chest and I spot all the people my age standing there.

A woman I saw when I arrived here glides over to us and smiles widely at me "Welcome Casey, I'm so glad to have you here. I hope your not as chatty as these three? She chuckles kindly and we all laugh.

"I don't think I can reach their level of expertise of talking" I say laughing and instantly feel a motherly connection with the older woman.

She had waist length white hair and kind, soft brown eyes with wrinkles at the corners that was a dead giveaway that she smiled a lot.

She laughs and says "nice to see you hear early as well, it's good to see a student eager to learn. How do you feel?

I shift in two feet "I'm nervous"

She barks a laugh "Yes I suppose you are, I take it these three told you that you would be tested on the level of power you obtain?

The nod guiltily but the woman waves them off "No need for guilt, I am glad, wouldn't want a student wetting herself in the middle of a class would we? She winks and turns to me "my name's Caterina but please call me Cat"

I smile and nod at her. She turns to the class and claps her hands, drawing their attention from their conversations and their words died on their lips as they listened intently to Cat's next words

"Right my lovely class, firstly we have to test our new member, Casey's, powers so please hush so she can begin".

She turns to me and wave me forward "please come forward, I shall ask you questions about your powers and if you can do it I will need you provide an example. Before I do this I will take this" she holds up a little machine thing "and take a reading of your energy levels and at the end I will do the same thing. That will determine how powerful you are. If your not sure you can do I will tell you how and walk you through it, please stay calm whatever the result is".

I nod

"I will first call out three students names and list what they can and can't do and if the power is weak and their energy levels at the start and finish to let you know what we will expect so please, take your time and try your best. The average energy number for our species is 648".

I nod again and she takes out a chart and shouts out results.

"Fraser-
Energy Before - 611
Energy After - 78
Summoning wolves - yes (strong)
Summoning werewolves - no
Controlling wolves - No
Controlling Werewolves - No
Healing wolves/werewolves - No
Bonding with one wolf - No
Reading werewolves minds - Yes (weak)
Reading wolves mind - yes (strong)
Understanding Greek - Yes (strong)
Necromancy (wolves/werewolves) - No"

"Cass -
Energy Before - 607
Energy After - 81
Summoning wolves - yes (strong)
Summoning werewolves - Yes (weak)
Controlling wolves - no
Controlling Werewolves - No
Healing wolves/werewolves - No
Bonding with one wolf - Yes (weak)
Reading werewolves minds - No
Reading wolves mind - No
Understanding Greek - Yes (strong)
Necromancy (wolves/werewolves) - No"

Blake - the highest -
"Cass-
Energy Before - 651
Energy After - 93
Summoning wolves - Yes (strong)
Summoning werewolves - No
Controlling wolves - Yes (strong)
Controlling Werewolves - No
Healing wolves/werewolves - Yes (weak)
Bonding with one wolf - No
Reading werewolves minds - No
Reading wolves mind - Yes (weak)
Understanding Greek -  Yes (strong)
Necromancy (wolves/werewolves) - No".

I start shaking with nervousness, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

Cat's gaze sweeps over to me and she smiles kindly "are you ready"

I take a deep breath and nod "yeah guess".

She claps her hands together "well then, let's see what your made of".

❤🖤❤🖤💙🖤💚🖤💚🖤💛🖤💜🖤

What do you think she's gonna score?

How many do you think she's gonna be able to do?

Please comment and vote!

Also please ready newly released zombie book, ok byeeee!!!!