55

"Come on Carly, you can do better than this, i know you can!" i shout encouraging at the sweating child in front of me.

"Luna i cant! She whines at me back, her face screwed up in concentration.

"okay stop" i stand up straight, stretching out my stiff muscles. I wipe a bead of sweat from my head and walk towards Carly, i take the knife from her hand and show her my posture "your making your posture too stiff, relax and make sure your movements are fluid and move together" with that i let the knife the knife fly and with a subtle elegance, embeds itself into the heart of the target.

Carly shakes her head and hangs her head low, mumbling "I'm never gonna be able to do this".

I sigh and kneel in front of her so I'm the same height and gently grab her chin so she's lookin at me "Sweetie, i know its hard but you will make it, all it takes is a little practice. No ones ever good at something first try".

"You are" she points out.

i let out a barking laugh at that and shake my head at her, still chuckling "No, i was terrible at this when i first started training, but then i trained and trained and slowly got better".

Carly sighs and whines "but-"

I stop her by putting my hand out "No buts" i get up, brushing myself off "Try again" Carly sighs and goes to pry the knife from the target before walking back and getting ready to throw it "Remember, don't be stiff! be elegant!"

She gets into her stiff stance before closing her eyes, visibly relaxing and composing herself. When she opens her eyes, a fire has ignited within her and when she lets go of the knife it imbeds itself just right of the heart of the target.

She lets out a squeal and runs over to me, hugging me as we both triumph over her win "Did you see that Luna?! Did you!?" she shouts bouncing up and down, looking from me to the target.

I laugh and nod "Yes, you did it!!!

I laugh again when she lets go of me to run over to the target and she sticks her tongue out at it "See that sucker!? i beat you ahaha!!!!

i shake my head at her and chuckle as she skips around her target, giddy with triumph.

I don't flinch when i feel arms around my middle and a body pushes me closer to them. "Well done Luna" an intoxicating voice mumbles into my ear, causing my cheeks to flush bright red.

I look up at the breathtaking man behind me and mumble "Thank you mate".

He breaths deeply into my neck, causing my body to wrack with shivers to which he notices and smiles and whispers again in my ear "Do i distract you mate?

I chuckle lightly and bite my lip "No, i am simply cold, did you not feel the breeze? I lie.

"No, i must have missed it, perhaps we should go to bed to get you warm".

Again my cheeks heat and i shake my head, nodding over to Carly "As much as I'd love too, we've still got tons to do".

Troy lets out a breath in my ear "I think she has had enough today, let her enjoy her win and go get something to eat".

I let out a chuckle and say "Don't you have training?

"Cancelled for you".

i ty to get out his grasp to face him "Troy-"

He tightens his hold on me "Everyone needs the break, its a lovely day out and i thought everyone should enjoy it and have fun while they still can , the war is in two weeks and we are sure to lose some of our own".

I sigh and nod "Okay".

I can feel his smile on the back of my head and shouts to Carly that she can go home.

We then take a stroll through the woods, listening to the signs of animals and crickets chirping, If I'm totally honest, I'm glad for the distraction, it doesnt let the depressing thoughts of losing half my pack to fill my head merciless.

"So, where are we going? I ask, shaking the thoughts out of my head, curiosity filling me.

Troy takes my hand and smiles slightly "Somewhere".

I groan at the secret but quietly follow along behind him, taking in the unfamiliar scenery.

I had never really gotten to explore a lot of the woods because all the excitement that was happening so i was awed at the green all around me.

We finally reach our destination as Troy stops and looks back at me, smiling and then reaches forward, swiping the hanging ivy aside and i gasp at the sight in front of me.

It was beautiful. It was a clearing with a lake in the middle of it, and instead of muddy murky water there was instead clean water that sparkled and shimmered in the sun. The area around it was littered with flowers and bees buzzes around, having the time of their lives.

I take a step forward into this wonderland and gaze around, wondering if this all could possibly be true, or was i somehow dreaming?

I go to look over at Troy but instead he isn't there, i frown and glance around before hearing a voice behind me "Take a deep breath".

Suddenly i was lifted over someone shoulder, i shriek and flail around frantically as i somehow knew what was going to happen next and suddenly feel as if I'm floating.

I scream loudly before plunging into the water beneath me with a splash!

When i resurface Troy is there, at the edge of the water, laughing his stupid little head off.

I glare at him before smiling evilly and i summon Coco and Kelty in my head.

I then rearrange my face to a pout and say sulkily "No fair".

He's still laughing when Kelty and Coco breach the tree line. I nod slightly and them both, knowing that they both knew what i wanted them to do and they both stalk towards the unknowing Troy.

A second later they are right behind him and Troy finally looks at my grinning face and frowns "Wha- ahhhhhhh!!!!!!"

He screams as they barge into him, shoving him into the water with me, then it was my turn to giggle and laugh. Troy surfaces and glares at me, pouting.

I point at him, holding my stomach "Y-you should've seen you face!"

i snort and he slowly approaches me, i get a hold of myself and slowly make my way backwards, away from him. Suddenly he lunges and before i can get away from him he grabs hold of my shrieking self and starts to tickle me, causing me to shriek in the water and laugh.

He laughs as well and after a while i shout "Okay okay i surrender" i raise my arms above my head in the sign of a surrender and he smirks in victory.

i wipe the grin off his face when i swipe a great big swipe at the surface of the water, bringing a spray of water to his shocked face. His smirk signals the sign of a water fight that coco got involved in, while Kelty sits at the side, licking her paws clean.

After a while we get out and change into clothes Troy had already placed on the side, which signals that he already had an idea what was going to go down here today.

We make our way back to the pack house and the three of us (Me, Kelty and Coco) sit and watch with rumbling stomachs as Troy cooks an unfamiliar dinner each of us (Meat for Kelty and Coco of course)

Sorry yall for not updating sooner😑 i busy dying of a cold. But hope you like this chapter!