#9: Study Session..?

“Please sit down, L/n!”

Y/n clutched the books she was holding while looking seriously at Iida.

“Iida, are you sure this is the place you wanted us to study?” She said as she roams her eyes around, and stopped at the huge chandelier in the middle of the room.

They're obviously in a restaurant, well it looks like a 'reserved' one because it's only you two were there. Iida gave out a smile and pulled the sit for you.

“Y-you don't need to that!” Y/n said panicking slightly, but Iida grips the chair tightly when Y/n tried to get hold of it.

“I insist, and yes L/n this is where we will study, I just thought that maybe we could eat while studying. Don't worry I already reserved this place just for us.. to you know study!” he said, quickly adding the last part.

Y/n wanted to complain but decided to keep it within herself. She successfully let out a smile, which Iida take as he did a good job. He thinks that you also like that idea.. you with him alone.. together.

He snapped out of his thoughts when you already took a sit. He postures himself once more and walks towards his chair.

“Waiter!” He immediately called and by that a girl wearing a waiter suit appears out of nowhere, her hands holding two things that you could recognize as a menu.

Y/n placed the books beside her, and gladly took the menu that the waiter was offering, “L/n, pick anything you want,” Iida said while still keeping an eye on Y/n who got shocked when she saw the amount of each food.

“Iida— I,”

“If you don't pick anything, I have no choice but to buy everything that they got, even though if you don't want that,” Suddenly, Iida cut Y/n's words. Y/n flinched when she heard something unusual towards Iida's words, it sounds like... he's threatening her.

Y/n carefully looked at Iida but didn't notice anything unusual, he was looking at the menu too. It seemed like he didn't say anything weird. Iida seems to notice the look of Y/n, he looked up and gave Y/n a questioning look.

“Is something the matter?” he asked. Y/n immediately shakes her head saying no and looks at the menu. Her head still thinking if she was hallucinating or did she heard the words correctly earlier.

“I'll have this one,” Y/n said and pointed at one of the dishes and showed it to the waitress who smiled cheerfully and put the order in a paper.

Iida was smiling while looking at Y/n talking to the waitress, he knew he was almost caught earlier. Y/n almost caught her getting annoyed, but he didn't want her to know that. He has an image just for her after all. An image of a dependable person. He doesn't want to change that.

After they put their orders in, Iida was the first one to initiate the subject the reason why they were there in the first place. He asks Y/n what are the things she found hard and anything she doesn't understand. Y/n was quite hesitant at first but tell Iida all about her weaknesses. On which Iida take notes of.

The food later came, they stopped discussing for a while and decided to eat while talking a little bit. While doing so, Y/n found the whole thing comfortable, she is truly enjoying her time with Iida, who is actively listening and gives his thoughts later on about what she was talking about.

“.. That's why I liked that subject even though it's kinda hard to somebody,” Y/n said chuckling in the end.

“I must say, L/n, I wasn't expecting for you to say that. I thought that you don't like math just like English,” Iida said while taking a bite at his ordered dish.

“It's not that I hate English... it's just that, there are so many things to understand and memorize even! Sometimes my mind isn't cooperating, you know?” Y/n said sounding like she's whining. Iida found this cute. He knows you're getting comfortable with him, which makes him feel like he's special. This is the first time he saw you like this after all.

“I understand,” He answered on which made Y/n looked at him with bewilderment, “Shut up, you don't. You're Iida Tenya after all, the class representative. Besides, you even have a decent partner! Meanwhile, I have... argh!” Y/n said while rolling her eyes thinking of a specific ash-blonde hair.

Suddenly, Iida's smile falls and looked seriously at Y/n, which Y/n can't see because she was only focusing on her plate that is almost done.

Iida didn't like that you just brought up someone he's not pleased with. The two of you were just talking about you, why are you slowly bringing up someone? he doesn't care about them, just you.

“.. I want to understand, Bakugou like for real. But, he is always like an explosive pomeranian, don't you agre—”

“I agree, L/n. Now, that we're finished with our dish, should we start discussing again what you should improve on?”

“Ah, yeah. Right,” Immediately, Y/n catch once again Iida's odd tone, making her slightly flinched but she didn't say anything. She thought that maybe Iida was getting annoyed with her because she's acting comfortable with him.

After that, it was quiet and the two of them just focus on the subject. Y/n didn't open up anymore and just listened and taking notes. Iida noticed this and complain within himself. This is his fault, he doesn't know what came up to him earlier but he knew Y/n is acting this way because of him. Y/n is smart overall, she just noticed it.

Without a thought, Iida tried to open up a topic that you would be interested in, and he has one that no one knows, “L/n, do you like traveling?”

Y/n stops reading the book and looked up, slightly surprised that Iida asked her a not related topic to what they're doing. She can't deny that she was curious at what he asked, “Ah, yeah. A bit,” she said and looked again at the book, making Iida frown. Y/n isn't opening up to him and so he decided he will share some information with you.

“..Then you won't have a problem when all of us will travel to an Island,”

Y/n once again looked up to what she just heard, “What?”

Iida noticing the curiosity in her eyes beams a smile, “That's right, Mr. Aizawa told me this, but a month from now, we will have a training camp somewhere on an Island. I won't tell you the details, but I'm sure you will love it,”

Y/n's face shows interest and confusion all the same time, “That's great.. but why are you telling me this?” Y/n asked.

“Nothing, I just want you to know,” he said smiling. Y/n found it odd but smiled again nonetheless.

Their little study session come to an end, and Y/n's thoughts were filled with the occasion and especially the topic that Iida brought up.

A training camp.. on an Island? Can I even survive that?

Y/n don't know what to expect, but deep down she's getting excited just by the thought of the upcoming training camp. Her train of thoughts was cut off when her phone vibrated. She reaches out for it and instantly smiled when she read the message she just got.

Finally, her friends are coming soon.

———

did y'all think we're gonna stay in school? pfft— i hate school.

Expect a lot from that training camp.

:)