13: Zenin's

"Gojo you're late," an ancient-looking man huffed out as we walked into a room at the high school.

The room was filled with men sitting around, all glaring at Gojo and Suguru before turning their attention to me.

I felt so small standing there under their judging gaze, and I hid myself slightly behind Suguru's body. Why couldn't I just go off with Nanami and the students instead of coming here?

Gojo kept saying people would want to capture or kill me, were these the ones?

"What is this?" Suguru asked as he looked over at Gojo. Not a good sign if he wasn't expecting it. It means all these people usually aren't here.

Are these the higher ups Gojo mentioned? And they can't even have one woman on their council? Really? What is this the fucking stone ages...

Gojo laughed, "Ah I almost forgot!! We have a meeting with the Zenin clan!"

I was so lost... The Zenin clan? Are they important or something?

I really wish I would've learned more about the world of sorcery... Then again, I was never supposed to end up here.

My job was to remain in the shadows and protect the relics of the past. Save civilians from the wrath and cruelty of sorcerers...

Not be at their Wednesday afternoon meeting.

Shit, I just remembered I still have work tomorrow. Am I going to be able to go? If not, I'll definitely need to let the hospital know. They'll be short a person and we're already understaffed.

"Who's the woman?" a younger looking man called out snapping me back to reality, a smirk creeping across his face.

I looked up at Suguru as his body tensed and was shocked to see a menacing glare on his face. He must really hate this guy or something.

"Beautiful, voluptuous, knows to stand behind the men in the room," he smirked. "Want to share, Geto?"

I thought Suguru was about to go crazy, but it didn't matter because there was no way in hell I would let someone talk to me that way.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I bolted out from behind Suguru, immediately wielding my sword.

A man with a creepy mustache stood to his feet, watching me with wide eyes, "Where did she get that sword?"

"Alright Y/n," Gojo laughed as he patted my shoulder. "Down girl. Let's at least do introductions before you start making enemies."

I nodded as I put my sword back. I hated the way Gojo spoke to me, but Suguru adored him, so I guess I'd get used to his garbage personality.

Plus he did seem to have my back for now... May as well take advantage of that while I can.

"Y/n?" a man with glasses questioned. "Y/n who? Why is she here?"

"Suguru," Gojo cooed. "Are you going to introduce your girlfriend or should I?"

I rolled my eyes as I turned to the men still glaring at me, "I'm Y/n L/n."

I was taught to hate and distrust sorcerers which is one of the many reasons my relationship with Suguru would now be so difficult.

And being here, my training was definitely kicking in. I somehow felt fearless and more than ready for a fight.

Sorcerers encapsulated everything that was wrong with this world, and even though I hadn't felt that with any of the ones I had met so far, I already felt it with these assholes.