16: Friendship

has anyone read the most recent jjk manga chapter?? the fact that akutami is so mf willing to break our hearts terrifies me lol

anyway, i'm in sad boii mode now so there's that
••••

There was a subtle knock at my door, and all of us got quiet, unsure who would be here or why.

I walked around the two friends and ventured towards the door, shocked when I opened and saw the two students standing there.

"Hey there," I smiled at them.

"Is now a bad time?" Maki asked as she glanced over to Suguru and Gojo.

I shook my head, "Not at all. What's up?"

"Well we know you're staying here this week, and we have a question for you," Nobara spoke up.

"Let's hear it," Gojo called out. He was such a nosy bastard, and I could tell the two girls were feeling a little hesitant now.

Maki looked into my eyes, "While you're here, will you train us?"

Gojo scoffed slightly at the question.

I smiled at them both, "I'd love to. Anything specific you have in mind?"

It was quiet for a moment as they looked at each other, probably unsure as if they should say everything in front of Gojo and Suguru.

"You put that asshole in his place!" Maki blurted out, her calm demeanor changing to a slight desperation. "I need to be able to do that! I don't want to be looked down on anymore."

Nobara smirked as she stared at Maki. I had already liked these two when I met them earlier, but now I was even more excited about being around them.

"I saw your staff earlier," I looked at her. "You're a cursed tool user?"

She nodded, her eyes piercing with determination.

"What about you?" I looked at Nobara.

Suguru walked over and stood next to me, "Kugisaki is incredibly strong. She has an innate technique where she uses weapons as well."

"Maki," he continued. "She has a heavenly restriction like you. In exchange for her inability to use cursed energy, she has some of the most amazing physical abilities I've ever seen."

I nodded as I listened to him tell me about the two students, thinking of ways I might be able to help them both.

"I'm impressed," I smiled at them. "I'll meet you out on the fields tomorrow then."

They both beamed back at me, bowing and saying thank you before taking off again. I was actually really looking forward to tomorrow now.

I looked up at Suguru who was smiling softly at me, "What?"

"You're just so incredible."

The love and sincerity in his voice caused me to blush, and I quickly looked away, feeling overwhelmed and flustered by the way he continued to stare at me.