page twenty;

-Nicolette-

I was in fits of tears once Julie retold what she heard to me once again. I wasn't crying because I was upset- I was but that wasn't the cause of my tears. I was crying because I was angry. I was furious. I let her get close to me, I knew her kindness wasn't out of the good of her heart. A woman like her and a woman like me would never ever be friends or close like that. She was engaged to my baby daddy. She wanted Nicolas and I out of the picture completely and I was furious she'd go to such length as to almost kill my son.

I didn't know what to do yet about what I heard but I wasn't going to tell Cristiano. No I wasn't, she was going to do so, she was going to admit it out of her own mouth. I was not going to lose to this woman. I promise you that, Irina Shayk was not going to ruin my life.

"Are you going to take her to court for attempted- well poisoning on Nicolas?" Julie asked.

"Yes, but we have to get her to confess in front of Cristiano."

"Irina may be evil, but she's not stupid." Julie said.

"I know." I ran my hands through my hair. I wanted a plan to magically pop up in my head or something. I needed to think of a way to get Irina to confess.

I needed to shower, a good shower always brought my mind together and I've always had good thoughts when I was there. It was like the water brought up my brain to work better.

-
-
-

The road to the hospital was crazy, I felt nauseated at the thought of someone actually trying to hurt my child. It made driving harder with that thought in my mind, not to mention all the emotions running through my body. Julie retold her story over and over again till I knew every detail.

I parked the car besides the building and rushed inside. I didn't even stop to get my visitors ID from the front desk. it was just a terrifying idea thinking that's the person who tried to kill your son is in the same room as them. Pardon my language but I can strangle a bitch right now.

Cristiano was seated on the same chair that we left him in. Irina was no where in sight, thank goodness. I don't know what I would of done if I was face to face with her.

Cristiano immediately jumped to his feet as soon as he saw me. "Great news. doctors said that his breathing is stable again and he should be expected to start waking up in a few days."

"really?" I smiled. "that's amazing. thank The Lord."

"I know. I've been getting calls, tweets and messages people wondering where I am but I made sure to tell the Real Madrid management to keep this whole thing a secret, I don't want anyone to get in the business of this."

"good choice." I said. "Where's irina?"

"she went to go grab some lunch." He said.

"oh ok." I sat down at the chair that was beside his.

I watched Nicolas once again.

"so.." Cristiano said. "Sergio tells me that he asked you to be his girlfriend?"

"oh yeah, I forgot about that." I confessed. "This whole thing made me forget I was supposed to call him back about that."

"Are you going to say yes?" He asked.

"I don't know." I admitted. "I haven't had the time to think about it. do you think I should say yes?"

"If you really like him then I'm not one to pull you back. go for it."

"but will you be okay with it?" I asked.

"no, doesn't bother me." He shook his head. "you and I have Nicolas together, nothing more nothing less."

right. nothing more.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++