Chapter 19

Law wakes up the next morning, exhausted. Completely exhausted.

How could he sleep when the guy who he liked for a while confessed his feelings? Plus they almost kissed? It's too much to handle in only going to Grand Line High for a couple months.

He's surprised Luffy didn't call him last night after the dinner about the new episode of Germa 66. He always calls him to tell him about it. Maybe he is also shook by the event last night.

Homecoming is tomorrow. And his birthday is the day after. It is going to be a busy week. But first, he has to talk to Luffy today.

He decides on a lazy look. Black sweatpants, a white crew neck, and a pair of black converse. He throws on a chain, grabs his backpack, and heads out of his room, leaving his hair unruly.

Law sees that his dad took the car, so he leaves his house and starts to walk to the bus stop.

Law feels nervous about the day. It's different than any school day so far. What is going to happen now? Is he going to ask out Luffy? He already knows they like each other. That seems like the next step, doesn't it?

Well before he knows it, he's at school. The school he never thought he would stay in for more than a week. The school with the person he likes. The school that he actually enjoys.

He gets off the bus, and walks a mile or so to arrive at the school. And what does he know, Luffy and his friends are crowded near the front, along with Mr. Bones, a large male with bright blue hair, and a dog. This looks oddly familiar...

Luffy doesn't seem to notice Law approach, he is busy chatting and laughing with this crew. 'Should I just, walk past? I can talk to him later.'  Law thinks, trying to decide if he should just stop and stand there stupidly, or continue to walk into the school.

Walking into the school and talking to Luffy later when 9 other people aren't there actually sounds good to Law. He would rather not have such a conversation in front of his friends. And the teacher. And this random guy. She doesn't mind the dog though.

He tried to hurry past, but the gods decided to completely throw away Laws decision, and Nami caught a glimpse of him, smiling and waving before he could enter the doors. "Lawww!"

Law cringed inside and hoped she didn't figure out he was trying to avoid them and hurry inside. He acts nonchalant, and turns with a bored look. It takes Luffy a few seconds to process the name and whip his head back, smiling hugely at the sight of the other.

It didn't take long for the rest of them to rest their eyes on Law. He already felt annoyed by all the attention.

"Come over here! Didnt you see us?" Nami puts her hands on her hips and laughs.

'Yes, I did actually.' Law thinks but doesn't say that. He says nothing and saunters over, trying not to look immediately at Luffy.

"Oh this the infamous Law! Or should I say Torao?" The blue haired muscle man said. Law makes eye contact and realized his american accent. He's huge, and he's holding a leash that connects to a dog who is wagging his tail rapidly and barking happily as Law inches closer to the group.

"Yes, that's me, but I prefer Law." Law tries to inform politely. He only tolerates Luffy calling him Torao. Of course he would never say that.

"Luffy talks all about you!" The stranger exclaims.

Law holds back the urge to smile. Luffy seems to always be talking about him, isn't he?

"Really?" Law glances to Luffy. Luffy looks a little embarrassed this time, probably from the guy revealing that he was chatting about Law again. Luffy meets Laws eyes and smiles shyly, but covers it up with a excited expression.