Chapter 21: Homecoming pt 1

<3

Law scans himself in the mirror.

'I don't look so bad.'

He does feel like something is missing though.

"Dad, can you hand me my silver chain from on top of my nightstand?"

Corazon rolls his eyes and goes to the nightstand to get the chain. On the way, his foot trips on absolutely nothing and he almost falls but he quickly regains his balance and he retrieves the chain, handing it to Law. "You always wear this damn thing."

"And? This chain is apart of me." Law grabs the chain from his dads hand and puts it on. There you go. Perfect.

"Fuck i'm nervous." Law mutters, staring down at his outfit.

"No cursing! And you have nothing to worry about. You and Luffy will have so much fun." Corazon stands next to Law, also analyzing his outfit.

Corazon still hasn't gotten used to the new things Law says now that he likes Luffy. It's quite odd to hear Law say the words "i'm nervous". But I guess a first relationship can do that to you. Even to someone like Trafalgar Law.

Corazon continues to stare at his son through the full length mirror. He feels extremely proud of his son. It's the beginning of his senior year, and he's taking out someone to a dance. He almost wants to cry but he holds back tears and grins at Law. "Your so handsome!" He compliments.

Law takes his eyes off himself and turns to look at his Dad. He offers him a small smile. "Thanks. Thanks also for the clothes."

"No problem!"

Law has to admit, he thinks the choice of clothing is pretty fitting for himself. Nothing too flashy. His dad wanted to get him a full on tux and Law had to remind him it was only homecoming. Prom isn't till the end of the year.

What they decided on was a red button up  dress shirt (a few of the buttons are undone), black trousers, a black belt, and he won the argument to wear his white air forces. His dad made him throw them in the washing machine so they looked nice for the dance. And of course, his sliver necklace chain. Plus, he actually put some small hoops in his 4 ear piercings. 2 on each ear.

Law grabs his phone from his bed. 5:45pm. Homecoming starts at 7, but he should get to Luffys about 30 minutes before that.

"I assume your going with me to Luffys apartment?" Law asks his dad, giving him a lazy glance.

Corazon smirks. "Yup. You think i'm not going to take a hundred pictures?"

Law regrets asking the question, because he knew he was going to go to embarrass the hell out of the two. "Awesome." He says, voice laced with sarcasm. "Well I guess we should get going? Luffy-ya's house isn't that far, but could we stop by the bank first?"

Corazon tilts his head at his son. "What for?"

"I need to cash out money from my savings account. I spent most of my allowance from last month on Luffy-ya. He bought literally every dish when I took him out to dinner that one day." Law says, feeling annoyed thinking back about it.

Corazon chuckles. "That sure sounds like Luffy. But what do you need the cash for?"

"Since the school is providing food, music, and other shit at the dance, it costs 20$ to get in. So I need to pay for Luffy-ya and I. Plus I'm sure he will get hungry afterwards, despite the amount of food he will probably eat there."

Corazon widens his eyes at the consideration. "How kind of you! Law, I think i'm going to cry..."

Law clicked his tongue. "Your making it a big deal."