Chapter 8: Exorcist Training

These aren't normal exorcists. They're a special military force that helps the government fight against terrorists. This also isn't a normal school. Cross forced Mana to put him in the actual headquarters without him knowing. The Exorcist group disguises its HQ as a school. (cough cough, future plot????).

Allen's POV: 

          I have to do exorcist training. Well, being an exorcist doesn't sound all too bad. Cross said they'd give me a cool weapon, so I'm looking forward to that! Lenalee, Lavi, and Kanda are going to be there too! I get to fight alongside my friends and possibly form some kind of connection with Kanda. If not, well, at least I get to spar with him.

          "Mana, why is Tyki here?" I ask. Mana's smile grows wider. "He just wants to see his cute nephew fight!" Mana replies. I blush. "I'm not cute!" I shout. Mana chuckles and ruffles my hair. I sigh. "Well, it's true. Those exorcists are a force to be reckoned with. Since Cross chose you to join the exorcist training elective, that means you have something special." Tyki says.

          I smile. I'm really special huh? Cooooool! I skip all the way to the training room. I open the door and see a bunch of kids sitting on the floor. They turn and look at me. I wave. "Ah, Allen Walker!" The teacher greets. I look and see Ms. Klaud? She teaches here too? Weird. "Good evening, Ms. Klaud" I greet. Ms. Klaud smiles at me. 

          "Alright, this is the new kid! Be nice to him! He'll have family here because of personal reasons!" Ms. Klaud shouts. The kids nod. "Sit anywhere you like, Allen. As for your family, there are chairs right there." Ms. Klaud says and points to some chairs behind a safety gate/barrier thing. I spot Lavi and Lenalee and sit next to them.

          "I can't believe you're joining us! We're going to have more fun now that you're here!" Lenalee says. I smile. "Where's Kanda? I thought he was supposed to be here." I say. "Oh! He's in the general training regimen. He's that powerful. He's been going easy on you when you get into fights. I can tell that much because you're still alive." Lenalee says. I shiver. He's that strong?

          I smirk. I'll just have to get stronger. "I want to get into the general training regimen. I want to fight Kanda!" I say. "Good luck with that. Only the best of the best can join. And only the better can fight Kanda and come out alive." Lavi says. "Wait, he's actually killed people?" I ask. "On accident. Many times. He gets too into the zone." Lavi replies. I shiver. Scary.

          To think that Kanda has been holding back on me. It makes me happy. That means he doesn't hate me that much.  "Alright! We'll be doing stance and fighting practices today! Go grab 2 partners and practice for a bit!" Ms. Klaud announces. The kids nod. "Allen, come up here. I want to give you your weapon." Ms. Klaud says.

          I stand up and go over to Ms. Klaud. "Hello, Allen." Ms. Klaud greets. "Hello." I greet. I see a steel claw thing and a giant white sword and gold sword. The sword is pretty. "These are your weapons. Cross told me to give you these. He said they fit you perfectly." Ms. Klaud says. Cross did what now? Does the Cross Marian actually care? "Ah, thank you," I say. Ms. Klaud smiles.

          This doesn't seem all too bad. I pick up the claw and attach it to my left hand. I open and close my hand a few times. No complications. I grab the sword and it's surprisingly light. "I'm surprised you can lift that thing. I expect great things from you, Walker." Ms. Klaud says. Huh? But it's not even heavy. Wait, am I that strong? I have a newly found confidence.

          "Now, go train with Lenalee and Lavi since you two are good friends." Ms. Klaud says. I nod and walk over to my two best friends. Lenalee smile. "You're rocking the sword, Allen!" Lavi says. "Thank you," I say. "Enough chit-chat. Let's teach Allen the stances and fighting moves. We also have to spar with each other." Lenalee reminds. "Right!" Lavi says.

-----

          I pant. Jesus, this is hard. That just means I have to train more. I heard a rumor from Mana that uncle Nea used to be a part of the Exorcist group and that Tyki is a good fighter. I like Lavi and Lenalee's weapons. Lavi's is a big hammer and Lenalee's is her own boots. Lavi calls his Big Hammer, Little Hammer and Lenalee calls her's Dark Boots. "Alright! Class is almost over! Stop what you're doing and take a break!" Ms. Klaud shouts. I fall to the ground and sigh. Finally!

          "Oh, that reminds me! Allen, we name our weapons here. Do you have a name for yours?" Ms. Klaud asks. I think for a while. "Um, Crowned Clown," I reply. Ms. Klaud smiles. "Alright, I'll write that down. You may leave guys." Ms. Klaud says and right on queue, the bell rings.

          I stand up and instantly regret it. Everything is sore. "Boy! We're getting ice cream!" Tyki shouts. I forgot they were here. "Do you guys wanna train with me sometime?" I ask. "Sure thing!" Lavi replies. I smile. "Welp, see ya tomorrow!" I say. "See ya tomorrow," Lenalee says. Lavi hugs me. "Don't goooooo! Let me kidnap you!" Lavi shouts. I laugh and ruffle his hair. "No," I say and pull him off. I walk toward my family and wave my friends goodbye.

          Tyki puts his hand on my shoulder. "How do you feel, boy?" He asks. "Sore, but could you and Nea train with me?" I ask. Tyki chuckles. "Sure thing, boy," Tyki says. "Did Mana tell you our secret?" Nea asks. I nod. Nea smiles. "Just know, we won't go easy on you." He warns. I smile. "I know."