Social skills and communication

Ah social skills we can be really good at it, or we need a lot of help with it on a daily bases. It can be a huge barrier. Some will be nonverbal and some will be very articulate. So will your character be able to communicate with your other characters. Or will they be really slow in their thinking processes? Will they be slow and forget to tell the hero, that to slay the dragon you need to do this after she slayed it?. Will your character use Makaton(a form of signs and symbols)? Or do they use ASL (American sign language) or BSL(British sign language)?or even both?. 

There are loads of ways to communicate. With modern technology it looks really good. but try to be historic correct when doing a resent past one. What about them struggling in the group. They really want that mans attention.

Maybe they use simple picture to communicate. They may show a picture of man being obvious that he is sad. Or happy emoji. 

Jamie felt tired. He went up to his mum and pulled out the picture of the bed, to show he wanted to go to bed. She smiled and nodded and he went to bed.

We can misunderstand things or struggle to get our point across. Or we interrupt you. So put those things in too.