To be an Ally

How to make a character help the Autistic  character.

Give them time to think.

Maybe they could carry something for them.

Don't ask them a bunch of questions one after the other.

Ask them what they need.

Will they know any trigger?

Being patient will be important.

Being open minded- You never knowing what is going to come out our mouths!!!

They should give simple instructions if they are struggling to understand. 

They should include them in things. Or give them an opportunity.

Make the Autistic character feel accepted and trust by them.

Give them time after a meltdown or shutdown.

Also ask if they want a hug after.

Show kindness to them.

Communicates with support networks.

Be real friends (that is important).

Sticks up if they are bullied at school.

Gives them a task that they can do. Like collect wood in the forest or sweeping the floors

Challenges them a bit.

If they are on mystery adventure. And the Autistic character is feeling nervous maybe offer something to fiddle with.

Maybe there was some sad news about something so they give them a hug. Or bring them their favourite drink and snack.

Are they a bunch of children trying and sticking together?. Maybe they are on a quest hand have to support each other?.

Maybe the car has broken down somewhere new and they are trying to stick together.

Maybe they let the support workers know they are going to be late back. But also lets them play their favourite song eve thou it is the tenth time they heard it that day. 

Are a walking buddy to and from school. Maybe they also invite them over to play on the games counsel or stay.   

I love it when I get the opportunity to do something new. Or go on a mad little adventures.