Ch.1

7:30 in freakin morning! He had me working at 7 freakin 30!

"Alex, step into my office please?" He asked over the intercom.

I got up hiking up my skirt a little higher and pulling down the front of my top a bit exposing more than necessary.

I sauntered into his office with a ready made smile on my face.

"You rang, Sir?" I joked.

As he got up from his desk, I examined his features well. A 6'5 frame, tousled brown hair and piercing grey eyes. A wave of hope rushed over me and it hit its climax when he placed his arms around me.

"Al, you know how much I love you," He began.

I started panicking. Was this the moment that I had been waiting for. Was he finally going to reciprocate his feelings for me? I braced myself as he continued to speak.

"I know that I'm putting you on the spot".

" I know this might be a bit last minute but, will you...."

He even got on his knees.

Yes, yes, I'm ready to say yes! (I clearly have issues.)

"Will you pick up Christine's anniversary gift for me please? I'm swamped here. I have so much paperwork to do", He pleaded with a puppydog look on his face.

I nodded vaguely, still in shock.

Annoyed, I looked at him, "Was getting on your knees really necessary ?"

He laughed and said, "I was getting prepared to kiss your feet if you said no. Thank you so much for doing this. I owe you again."

"No problem." I replied begrudgingly.

He was my best friend, and I had no problem doing this for him, even if it had something to do with HER.

What he didn't know was that I would start collecting my debts soon.