Ch.11

There's a part of me that's nervous.

There's a part of me that's excited.

There's a part of me that's confused.

My mind was a battlefield.
An all encompassing war.

As Dylan began to pull me towards our destination, my thoughts were racing feverishly. Assuming that my plan was finally coming to an endgame, there was a part of me filled with nervous excitement.

Was it finally happening? That I succeeded in my plan? (Although, I hadn't even gone to the lengths that I had planned.)

Then, there was that nagging part of me that remembered Adán. How I reacted to him.
How after all this time—After I had left him, how he still looked at me, as if nothing else mattered.

I couldn't understand why I was still dwelling on him.

I left him.

I wanted something different.

Someone different.

I wanted Dylan. I had always wanted him.

"Alex..."

"Alexandra"

"Hmmm..." I turned slightly to see Dylan looking at me with an amused grin. "Sorry, were you saying something?"

"Your hands are shaking." Sure enough as I looked down to our joined hands, my hand was trembling. I quickly pulled my hand away from him.

"I'm sorry...I don't know what's happening."

"Dylan, I—"  The opening of the elevator doors cut me off.

Dylan looked at me expectingly, then said,
"Come on. We can talk in the room."

I let him pull me along. I could sense the eagerness emitting from him. Just from the way his large hand enclosed around mind, I could tell there was and urgency behind his movements.

Yet, I still had time to compare him to Adán. Dylan's hands, though large, were smooth and clearly well moisturized. They were a reflection of the life that he lived—one of ease and comfort. Whereas Adán's were rougher from more hands on work and from his earlier years playing baseball.

Two completely different men, yet still—

The sound of the key card unlocking the door jolted me from my thoughts.

"Ladies first."

"Thank you," I said as I quickly walked past him.

I walked to the middle of the room, hovering around the sofa, unsure of what to say or do.

As I looked towards Dylan, I could see that some of his confidence had left. He smiled nervously. A part of me was amused, but another part, with a mixture of excitement and trepidation, was waiting to hear what he had to say .

"Would you like a glass of wine...or maybe water? Or tea? Whatever you want." He said as he began to walk toward the cooler.

In need of as much liquid courage as possible, I said, with as firm a voice as a could muster, "A glass of red is fine. Thank you."

For the record, I was more of a white wine type of girl, but I needed to switch things up.
Dammit! Why was I so nervous? What happened to my plans? To me me being a trained seductress? Well not trained, really. Unless you consider self-training. I really should focus on the moment, instead of rambling off in my head.

Dylan walked over to the couch that I was sitting on with the two glasses of wine in his hand. Granted, his was almost empty due to him gulping it down as he walked towards me. I had never seen him act this way, and to be honest, I was a bit flattered.