Sumiko's Bakery

3 Months Later

3 Months Later

"Thank you Ms. Sumiko! I'll be sure to let him know," you waved to the older lady, walking out of her bakery.

As soon as you walked out the door, you raced down the street, already five minutes late.

You made it to the parlor in record time, but that didn't change an indisputable fact.

"You're late."

At the front dest, the owner of the parlor sat, slightly glaring at you.

"Come on old man, this is the first time in a long time, and I was buying you breakfast," you threw the paper bag for him to catch.

He looked in the bag and stuck one of the pastries in his mouth. Chewing with his eyebrows still furrowed as he eyed you with suspicion, "Are these Sumiko's?"

You nodded your head.

Stuffing his face with more food, he waved his hand in dismissal, "You're off the hook."

Letting out the breath you were holding, you went up to the desk, resting you elbows on the surface.

"She invited us to a party later today."

Still eating his food, he looked up at you. He made an expression that made it clear he didn't want to go.

"You haven't seen her in so long, we should go."

Crumpling up the paper bag, he tossed it into the trash, "The only good thing about that old bag is she can bake, and I bet it'll just be a bunch of old ladies"

You rolled your eyes at this, "Rude much, and don't forget you guys are practically the same age."

Instead of responding, he just huffed.

Hanging out with a bunch of older ladies didn't sound fun to either of you, but you knew that you could convince him.

You just had to tell him why you wanted to go.

"All those old ladies are going to be bringing food."

He immediately looked up and stared at you for a little while, "What time?"

You looked over at the clock, "In an hour and a half."

Turning back to him, he was still looking at you, like he was thinking.

Suddenly he stood up, walking to the back room, "Close the shop."

Smiling to yourself, you knew you had gotten him. Peeking over the desk, you looked at what he was working on earlier.

What you saw was a drawing that was breathtakingly beautiful, you couldn't help but stare.

Taken out of your trance when you heard loud sound coming from the back room, you walked over to find your grandpa dropping things with a surprised face.