The Promised Land (oneshot)

A/N

Boom! A one-shot as promised.

SOME IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

This oneshot takes place a year or so after Endgame, so there are spoilers if you haven't watched that yet.

Everything that happened in Endgame happened here. So Tony is dead. (I'm so sorry! It breaks my heart too, but it all works out in the end)

This will all take place in Peter's pov

~~~

If you were good enough, maybe Tony would still be alive.

Those haunting words echo in my head as I walk to school.

I sigh as I watch the people walking along the street. They're so... happy. Carefree. The traffic lights glimmer and the crowds bustle. There's always something going on in New York.

I look up at the school and blink. That was fast. I need to pay not attention to my speed. Ever since the spider bite, I've been faster, stronger and had better senses. But what good are better senses - what good is being stronger - if you can't be strong enough to save those you care about?

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

Ned smiles at me. "Hey. I got a new lego set! Maybe we can all go set it up after school?"

"All?" I ask, slightly confused by who he meant.

Ned bounces nervously on his toes. "Yeah, I kinda talked to Morgan this morning..."

I give him a look. Everyone knows he can't refuse anything she asks him to do.

"It's the puppy eyes, man!" Ned holds his hands up defensively. "Have you seen her puppy eyes?"

I give him another look.

Ned nods. "Right, you live with her. I know, I know." Ned taps his pointer fingers together. "So anyway, she asked if I had the new set and I said yes," Ned puts his hands on his hips. "Lying is bad and we must set a good example for her." He relaxes his stance. "Anyway, she gave me those dang puppy eyes so I had no choice but to say yes, but Harely was there too, so I invited him. And I couldn't just leave MJ out!"

I give him an exasperated look and shake my head. "Only you, Ned."

Ned grins sheepishly and follows me to my locker. "So is it okay?"

I tap his chest, with a look that means, it's yours!

"I know... but usually we do them together, that's like our thing. I didn't know if you were okay with sharing it!"

I raise an eyebrow. "It's okay."

Ned beams and then the bell rings. I point to class, I had used up my word count for the day. Ever since... their deaths, I had been talking less. It was like i had one less sense to worry about. When May died... I practically stopped talking. Pepper, - or mom - as she insists I call her, (not that I mind). Got me to open up some. She even got me a therapist. I have to admit, that helped a lot.

I get shaken out of my thoughts by my watch vibrating. That can only mean one thing. A villain is attacking. And I was just about to go a day without skipping a class too. Man, mom is going to be so mad. I should just graduate and go to college early. No, I want to finish high-school with Ned. That means one more year, then I'll graduate college.

I know I'm forgetting something... ah, the stupid person who decided to attack something during school hours. I run out of school to make it seem like I'm skipping and then I run into an ally with lots of dumpsters. I duck behind one and tap the small spider pendent on my kneclace and a nano tech suit forms around me. I climb up the walls and run across the roofs, appearing a couple blocks away from the school.