7. Why Are You Bein' So Nice To Me?

|Y/N|

"I've got stuff I need to do, Gee could you look after her?" I feel my heart stop and my breathing quicken slightly as he responds, "yeah, okay..." he trails off, lifting his gaze from the floor and walking towards me as Ray goes in the opposite direction down the stairs.

I gulp and back up farther into the room as he steps in. I cant do this again... I look down, unable to move from the center of the room as he steps closer.

He lifts a hand, gently running his fingers through my hair, moving a few strands from my face. "I'm sorry..." he says quietly, a look of genuine guilt in his eyes. My eyebrows furrow and I glare at him, "sorry?" I ask, fear and anger in my voice.

"You're sorry? For which part? Buying me off my mother or using me to feed?" I raise my shaky voice slightly as tears cloud my gaze.

He stays silent, eyes drifting over my face as he seems to take in my disheveled appearance. His eyes soften as they meet mine and I turn my head away, looking at anything that isn't him. "Dont look at me like that." I choke out as the cloudiness in my eyes fade slightly, and tears run down my cheek.

"Like what sugar?" He asks, I can still feel his gaze on my face and I look at the floor. "Like you care, dont look at me like that. You dont..." I breathe out, barely more than a whisper.

He steps a little closer to me, resting a hand on my cheek and turning me to face him. He says nothing, instead he just pulls me to him and buries his face in my neck. My eyes widen as fear pulses through my body and I prepare myself for the pain.

It never comes and I stand in shock as he chuckles. Not a dark menacing chuckle like the ones before, a gentle lighthearted chuckle. "Your hearts racin' treasure..." he breathes against my skin as air catches in my lungs. "And your shakin'..." he pulls away, looking at me in concern.

"I didnt mean to scare ya..." he says gently, I stay quiet, looking at him with a mix of confusion and fear. "Can..." he pauses for a moment, eyes drifting down toward the base of my neck, "can I see?" He asks quietly, I stand, confused, for a moment before I understand and nod slowly.

He takes a careful step closer to me, keeping eye contact, as if my eyes will give away any last minute regrets. He gently moves the collar of the shirt to the side, revealing the deep puncture marks from his fangs, surrounded by a dark purple bruise and swollen skin. His thumb brushes over the spot and I flinch slightly, sucking in a deep breath.

He looks up at me, beautiful hazel eyes meeting mine and before I know it, he's holding me bridal style, carrying me towards the bathroom. "Wh-what are you doin'?" I ask, a hint of fear in my voice.

He stays quiet, stepping into the bathroom and setting me on the counter. "Gerar-" he cuts me off "I'm just cleanin' you up sugar..." he says gently, pulling a first aid kit from the cabinet. I nod slowly and allow him to do his thing.

I hiss as an alcohol covered cotton ball hits my neck, "I'm sorry Treasure..." he trails off, "I've gotta disinfect it." He finishes gently, before moving the cotton away and pressing a warm rag gently over the spot. I sigh, my nerves calming slightly, body deciding I'm no longer in danger. He pulls the rag away and drys the spot, carefully placing a bandage over the wound.

Before I can move away, Gerard moves back in front of me, carefully washing away the eyeliner that had run down my face and smeared around my eyes. As he pulls the rag away, our eyes meet and I feel mine start to cloud up.

His eyes widen as tears start to roll down my cheeks. "Oh god, no no no, what did I do now?" He asks worriedly, carefully holding my face in his hands. I shake my head, wiping some stray tears from my face. "I'm sorry..." I whisper, doing my best to look away from him.

"No, Y/N... Sugar, no... you have no reason to apologize... what did I do this time?" He asks, gently turning me back to face him. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask between large breaths and small sniffles.

"Cause I hurt you..." he responds, dropping his hands from my face and looking to the floor, "I should've listened to Ray when he said I should take care of you. You haven't even been here a day and I've already managed to make you scared of me..." he trails off weakly.

I stay silent as he carefully takes my hands in his, bringing them up to his face and gently pressing his lips over my knuckles. "I'll fix it..." he whispers, "look, I know its early and probably weird for you, coming from someone you just met..." he pauses for a moment, moving to make eye contact with me.

I didnt notice I was staring, until his beautiful hazel eyes meet mine, he smiles lightly, holding my cheek in one hand. "I want you happy... something told me when I saw you, that I needed you in my life and I need to keep you with me... I suppose it's the vampire instincts calling out to..." he trails off, gaze drifting away from me, his cheeks take on a slightly pink tint. "uh... to uh..." he struggles to find the words, before quickly speaking once more "callingouttomymate-"

My eyes widen, and I turn my eyes back tot he floor "it's not me." I whisper, ignoring the gentle hand resting on my cheek. "Why do you say that sugar?" He asks, moving his hands to rest on the counter on either side of my legs.

"I-I can't be... that... I'm not meant to be with, with anyone." I whisper lightly, "this is either gonna worsen or better my chances..." he mutters, under his breath, before slowly leaning in...

_________1048____

WOWIE, that's handful!

Stay rad weirdos! <3