19. I Promise... (Finale)

Eventually we make it to the bar where the guys are performing and they let us in through the back, where we find Matt already unloading everything. "Hey guys," he says, smiling as we make our way over to him. I help the guys set up their stuff, and soon enough it's almost time for their little show to start.

Gerard presses a quick kiss to my lips and another to my cheek, before I'm rushed away from the stage and into the crowd. The show starts off like any other, but something about this one will be different. Gerard has something planned tonight, Frank told me.

I watch intently, as the guys do their thing on stage. Frank jumps around like a hyperactive puppy, while Mikey mostly stands in place only moving to avoid getting his head split open by the rythm guitarist. Ray stands in place head banging mostly, every now and then pausing to back up Gerard with a wide grin on his face.

Gerard mostly walks around the edge of the platform, narrowly avoiding Frank's guitar. Every now and then our eyes connect and he throws a wink, smirk, or even a bright smile in my direction.

At the end of Headfirst For Halos, the lights dim slightly and they start playing a song I dont recognize.

"And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground
And if they get me, take this spike to my heart and
And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me, take this spike and..."

Gerards voice rings through, almost hypnotic, before he screams and the lights flicker back on.

"You put the spike in my heart!"

I stand off to the side, away from the crowd of jumping, screaming fans, smirking slightly at the irony. A song about vampires, really Gee? He makes eye contact with me and smirks, he heard me.

Farther into the song, he inches his way to the edge of the stage, closest to my position. "I'll never let them, I'll never let them, I'll never let them hurt you not tonight!" His eyes meet mine, "I'll never let them, I can't forget them." What is he taking so long to build up to?

"I'll never let them hurt you, I promise!" He grins, leaning over the edge and reaching his hand in my direction. I shake my head and slap his hand back with a smile, he pouts slightly, before going back to sassily walking across the stage. I move my gaze to my feet, trying to stop the intense grin on my face.

About half an hour later, the show ends and Gerard rushes off the stage pulling me into a hug. "Agh, gross, I didnt know vampires could sweat-" I whine in protest and he pulls away frowning dramatically. Eventually we both start laughing, whilst walking back to help everyone put everything back in the van.

We stay for a while longer, allowing everyone to calm down a bit before the car ride home. When everyone's ready, Matt returns to the van and the rest of us pile into Gerards car.

The ride home is surprisingly calm, which probably makes sense, considering they just got done playing a show. Gerard pulls up the long driveway and everyone climbs out of the car, heading straight for their beds.

Gerard and I do the same, quietly entering our room. "I need a shower," he states, before quickly entering the bathroom. I walk into the closet, pulling out a pair of my pajama shorts and one of Gerards t-shirts. I quickly change, throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper and sitting on the bed with my back against the headboard.

Eventually the shower cuts off and not to long after Gerard steps into the room. I look up, setting my phone on the nightstand to see my vampire boyfriend walking across the room towards me in only a pair of dark grey sweatpants.

He makes it to me fairly quickly and sits beside me on the bed. "Gerard?" I ask quietly, leaning my head onto his shoulder, "Y/n?" He asks in response, "I love you." I whisper, he chuckles, placing a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you too Sugar." He rests his hand on my thigh, gently stroking the skin with his thumb.