14. The World Is Ugly

"No." I state, looking at him. He stares back at me in confusion, "you just-" I dont have time to finish my statement before his eyes widen in realization. "Shit..." he jumps over the back of the couch and speeds over to me, standing directly in front of me within seconds.

"Yeah, shit. Bullshit, that's what everything you've said the past few days has been. Complete fucking bullshit, you're a liar and a fucking asshole, I-" he cuts me off, "Y/N, sugar, I never lied to you..." he trails off. "He basically just said there was nothing wrong with using something if you paid for it, referring to ME as 'something' and you agreed with him! You said you weren't gonna use me to feed Gee, not without permission. I give you permission so you can keep your strength up, so you can use all your fancy vampire powers to their full effect and you say it's okay to just use someone..."

He stays quiet, looking at me with wide eyes. "I didnt know he was talking about you doll-" I cut him off, "no." I look away, "sugar, c'mon... please," he begs "dont call me that." I hiss, "sugar... please..." he whispers, stepping closer to me. "Do-dont come any closer," I gulp lightly as my eyes widen, involuntary fear filling my voice.

His breathing hitches lightly, "Sugar... you dont need to be scared of me, you know I'd never hurt you..." he trails off, I stay still, ready to run if need be, keeping my eyes locked on the raven haired vampire in front of me.

He takes a deep breath, gazing into my eyes, "the world is ugly, but you're beautiful to me..." "stop." "Well, are you thinking of me now?" I stay silent, trying not to let my guard down at the familiar song. "These are the nights and the lights that we fade in." "Gerard." "These are the words, but the words arent coming out..." "shut up." "They burn cause they are hard to say..."

I feel my eyes start to tear up as his voice fills the hall, "please stop..." "for every failing sun, theres a morning after..." I stay silent, my gaze on the man in front of me softening. "Though, I'm empty when you go..." his voice breaks, "sugar please." He begs, continuing when I dont respond. "I just wanted you to know... the world is ugly..." his voice breaks slightly once more as tears form in his hazel eyes, "but you're beautiful to me..." he trails off, voice breaking one more time, before he breaks down.

I back up slightly as he drops to the floor, I slowly move around him, towards the front door. "Y/N, please..." he trails off as I make my way to the door. No one else moves and I hear him release one last whisper in attempt to stop me "Treasure..." he begs as I cast one last glance towards the beautiful vampire on the floor, looking at me with tears rushing from his eyes.

I quickly run the rest of the distance toward the door. I hear soft footfalls behind me, "let her go..." Gerard trails off and who ever is chasing me stops. I open the door and rush out of he house, running down the long driveway and pushing the gate open.

I continue running down the road, until the house is out of sight. As I'm walking, exhaustion sets in. A car pulls up beside me and the stranger from before pokes his head out of the window, "you know I was just testin' him right?" He asks. I hum, and keep walking "need a ride?" He asks, "you can stay at my place and I'll take you home tomorrow." He offers.

I slowly nod, it's either this or keep walking all night long and I'm not sure I'd last to much longer. He smiles and I walk around to the passenger side of his car, climbing in and buckling the seat belt. "The names Brendon, by the way" he says cheerfully, "Y/N..." I respond quietly.

We soon pull up to a simple house and he climbs out of the car, opening the door for me and leading me in.

_______712__

A little shorter, but we're nearing the end... a few more chapters to go...

Stay rad weirdos ✌<3