Rantaro x Reader 🥀

TW:blood/gore

 I had been pacing in the halls for a while. Multiple people had died in a few short days, and my death felt more imminent than ever.

Being in this death game was worrying, and I felt I needed someone to trust. Out of everyone, Kirumi and Shuichi seemed the most dependable. I decided I would invite Shuichi to meet with me, and hopefully make an ally. I quickly walk to his room, and knock on his door. The door swings open, and I am met by a tired looking Shuichi. "Hello y/n, what do you need?" Shuichi asked. "Hey. I was wondering if you'd meet up with me later?" Shuichi nodded. "Alright," I said "Meet me in my lab in an hour." Shuichi turned and shut the door behind me. As I was walking back to my lab, I was suddenly pushed from behind into a room. When I look behind me, Rantaro is there. 

"What the hell Rantaro!" I shout angrily. "I need to do something y/n. I know you and I both want to go home, so please just let me have a chance at escaping." Before I get a chance to respond, he steps toward me and pulls out a knife. "W-wait." I say, trying to reason with Rantaro. But it was no use. Rantaro almost looked as though he was insane, and there was no way to convince him to stop.

He lunges at me with the blade, and I frantically tried to dodge the it. After a few minutes of this Rantaro stumbles, and falls to the ground. I realize have have an opportunity, and grab the knife. 

Rantaro gets up, and tries to grab the knife back. Without thinking, I swing the knife towards him. Rantaro's eyes widen, and he slowly falls to the ground. I stare at the body at  my feet as I realize what I had just done. I get down on my knees, and roll over the body. 

Rantaro's eyes were glazed over, and blood continued to flow from the wound. I pull off  a sweater I am wearing, and begin to clean the wound. When the floor was cleaned, I put the sweater on Rantaro for now. I lifted the body onto my back. In my lab, I had a furnace, and decided I'd burn the evidence there after hiding the body. 

I decide to hide the body in an empty closet in Himiko's lab. I take the sweater back off Rantaro, and shove the body in the closet. I then head back to my lab. 

When I arrive at my lab, I shut the door behind me, and began to work at burning my blood soaked sweater, and anything else that had touched the body. As I finished burning the evidence, I hear a knock at the door. "Y/n, I'm coming in." Shuichi called out. He steps into the room and gazes over at me. "Actually Shuichi, I was wondering if we could actually meet up another time-" Before I finish, a piercing scream cuts me off. 

Shuichi and I run through the hallways; following the noise to see Tsumugi over the body of Rantaro. "I-i came to grab supplies for a magic trick Himiko wanted to show me. And I found Rantaro instead. Tsumugi's voice broke, and she began to cry. 

A staticky noise filled the room as the intercom turned on. "A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, the class trial will begin."

Eventually the rest of the students arrived and the investigation began. Shuichi questioned several students on their alibis, and I tried to avoid him for the rest of the time before the trial. Before I knew it, an hour or two had passed and it was time for the trial. We got in the elevator, and then stepped out. The air felt heavy with everyone's nervousness, and we all had a serious look on our faces. We step into our stands, and the trial began. 

(Time skip) 

"And that's why I think it's you y/n!" Shuichi yelled out. The trial had been going for several hours. Everyone had a solid alibi except for me. I began to sweat, as I realize I might be caught. "I already said I was in my lab the entire time." Shuichi looks at me sadly. "Nobody can confirm your alibi. I look around the room in desperation, but everyone looks away awkwardly when I look in their direction.

Shuichi turns toward Monokuma. "We're ready to begin the vote." "Alright!" said Monokuma, with a toothy grin. A moment passes, and the results slowly are displayed in front of me. All of the students had voted for me. I stand in stunned silence for a moment before I begin to cry. "It's not my fault!" I wailed. "I didn't mean to kill him!" I began telling everyone what happened, but they simply looked at me in pity. "I think we've heard enough. It'sss punishment time!" I am dragged into a room by Monokuma. The room has a large ceiling made of glass with sun streaming in. All around me are different species of plants. There is only one exit out, but the door is locked. I begin desperately looking around the room, and find the key underneath a particularly large monstera plant. I unlock the door, and step out. 

I find myself in a huge hedge maze. As I get my bearings, I hear blades whir to life. Without looking behind me, and I begin to run. I follow the right side of the maze, and finally find a ladder. When I step toward it, a saw blade emerges from the ground on either side. 

I realize if I want to live, I have to jump. 

I leap into the air and reach toward the ladder. The blades leave deep cuts in my legs, but I'm on a tall platform above the maze. Below me, I see my classmates staring anxiously at me. With a tentative smile, I wave. Gonta grins and waves back. "Gonta believes in you!" He yells. "You can do it!" Another voice calls out. I realize it's Shuichi. "Atua and I know you can do it!" Angie said cheerfully. 

With my regained confidence I begin to walk around the platform. I see a small ramp leading down to a tunnel. Thinking it might be an exit, I sigh in relief and begin to run down the stairs and into the tunnel. It leads to a tiny room with glass on all but one said. I turn around to go back to the tunnel, but the wall behind me has closed off and trapped me in the room. I can see the other students outside the glass, watching with a mix of fear and curiosity. 

I hear a loud, creaking noise for a moment, and then the room begins  to fill with water. 

I start to panic, and bang on the glass. The glass is too thick to break, and I make the sickening realization that I am completely trapped. Monokuma intends to kill me in front of the only friends I have left. 

As the last of the room is filled, I smile weakly as the air is slowly draining from my lungs. Shuichi is right outside the glass. He tries to say something, but is muffled by the water. I press my hand against the glass as a final goodbye, and he presses his hand against mine through the glass. 

I slowly drift into unconsciousness, but I'm almost happy as I drift off. These may have been awful circumstances, but I felt I had finally made a friend, and the thought kept me content in my final moments. And whatever came after this, I hoped my friends would find a way to survive. 

Published: 6/17/21