26

Naina smiled looking at her brother as he kept looking at the wall

"kya soch rahe ho bhai?" Naina asked.

(what are you thinking brother)

"Kuch nhi" Padmanabh replied sipping his tea which turned cold.

(Nothing)

"Haha... mujhe batao" Naina said keeping her teacup down.

(Spill it out)

"Nothing to say, I was on a business meeting and decided to meet you and the kids" Padmanabh spoke keeping the teacup on the table.

"How is Vrishali? It's been a long time that I have spoken to her" Naina said.

"She is doing good, I spoke to her last night. Her exams are going on, I think her exams end on Friday" Padmanabh said.

"Time surely flew soon, how many months passed that she went to New York?"

"Three months"

"It's already three months? Don't you miss her Pacho?" Naina asked. Naina already know that he accepted that he likes Vrishali in front of their grandparents. Her grandmother immediately called Naina to tell her that their introvert Pacho finally fell in love for the first time.

Padmanabh rolled his eyes taking the biscuit. He has been spending most of his time in the office knowing he would be missing her if he goes to the palace.

He makes sure that he calls her on alternative days. Even though their calls are not more than five minutes that's enough for him.

"Pacho... You need to tell her how much you love her. Don't strain yourself, if you miss her go and meet her. I know ma is forcing you to meet Harika" Naina said keeping her hand on Padmanabh's.

Padmanabh looked at his sister in surprise, "how do you know about that?" Padmanabh asked.

"Papa (dad) told me that ma is trying to match fix between you and Harika. He even told me that ma was bad-mouthing about Vrishali when Vrishali was passing the hallway"

"Ah?"

"On the day when you announced that Vrishali is going to New York. Before you could reveal it, ma was talking with papa saying how you don't feel the bond with Vrishali. That's the reason you are deciding to send her to New York. Papa turned his head and he saw Vrishali passing the hallway. Papa thinks Vrishali might have heard what our mum said"

"I don't know about all this nor Vrishali told me about this" Padmanabh spoke. Maybe that's the reason Vrishali was so upset and ignored him. She thought everything in the wrong way.

"Pacho, why would Vrishali tell you about what mum said? It wouldn't sound good to complain about our mum to you. Maybe that's the reason Vrishali kept it to herself. You should start opening up about your feelings for her. Before mum does something behind your back break your bond with Vrishali without you knowing" Naina said.