7

Vrishali felt nervous as she looked at the guests. Naina stood beside her as they welcomed the aunts and uncles. Vrishali wore a Rajputi Poshak, a royal attire worn by women in Rajasthan. She smiled and greeted the guests.

Rajmatha Falguni Singh looked at Diya Kumari with annoyance. She had explicitly told her not to invite any guests, but Diya didn't listen and went ahead with the invitations.

As per tradition, Vrishali is supposed to cook for the family members for the first time today. Sawai Bhawani Singh held his wife back.

They both know Diya Kumari wants to humiliate Vrishali in front of everyone. They need to find out if Vrishali can cook. Not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable, they didn't invite their close relatives.

"I need to use the restroom," Vrishali whispered to Naina before rushing to the private suite. She needed to call her mother or someone. She had never prepared anything for special occasions.

She can only make quick sandwiches and tea. That's all, it was always her mother who cooked. Now she is sweating just looking at Naina's aunts and uncles.

She pulled out her phone and dialled her mother. "Hello?"

"Ma, my Hitler mother-in-law called all the aunts and uncles. Now there are about twenty people! I never cooked for myself, Mum! How am I going to cook for twenty?" Vrishali exclaimed, pacing back and forth.

"Baby, calm down. Everything is going to be okay. First, take deep breaths." Vrishali took deep breaths before her mother started talking.

"Now listen, when you go to the kitchen. You call me, and I will instruct you on the recipe. Don't worry about it." Vrishali felt a little peace slip in.

Her gaze shifted to the note placed on the table. Naina handed her this note, saying Padmanabh had left it for her. Vrishali opened the handwritten note to read,

Vrishali,

This is my number 9********1. Send me a message or dial the number if it's an emergency.

Padmanabh.

She chuckled, reading the note; she saved his number and decided to go back. But for the safe side, she sent Padmanabh a message.

Hello, I'm Vrishali. Where are you? Your uncles and aunts are here.—V

When his phone rang, Padmanabh talked with his assistant and friend Tarun about the resort files. His grandfather, Sawai Bhawani Singh, asked him to stay home, but he had to sign some important papers.

He read the message and saved her contact as Vrishali Singh. "Send me the email and call me if needed." Padmanabh decided to go home.

Diya Kumari turned to Vrishali, smiling too sweetly. "Vrishali, why don't you go and start preparing something sweet? They all are here to taste your food."