06

6

ARMIN AND MIKASA ENDED UP STAYING THE NIGHT. they kept apologizing repeatedly, and felt a lot of guilt after what eren had said about you. apparently, eren has been more harsh and mean lately, not like his usual self. mikasa blamed it all on annie, saying that if she had never been at the school eren and us would still be fine. of course, armin calmed her down but mikasa built silent anger instead. currently, it was sunday. november 2nd. mikasa and armin were passed out on your bed, wrapped in thick and warm blankets. you and mikasa cuddled with each other while armin kinda did his own thing.

you all were close enough, even after this whole kinda... scenario, that you could sleep with each other and it not be weird. even if armin was a male, didn't make a difference. you got up carefully and walked over to the window and peeked outside. the bright sun blinded you for a second, but you had adjusted enough to look out to see the cool autumn morning. as you turned your heel to walk downstairs, you yawned to see hange cooking breakfast.

"morning, mom." you yawned again. you walked over to them and saw they were cooking up pancakes.

"morning, y/n!" they exclaimed. "did you sleep well? are armin and mikasa still asleep?"

"yes, i slept well thanks for asking. and yeah, they're passed out in the bed." you replied and seated myself at the island across from hange's figure.

"that's good! i'm glad at least those two realized what they did." they smiled and placed a plate of pancakes in front of you. "eat up!"

"thank you." you grinned back and began to dig into the fluffy sweet pancake. "i'm still kind of torn by the whole eren thing though... i thought confessing would kind of... i don't know."

"hey, at least you had the guts to do it... doubted it was 11 years after meeting, you still did it!" they beamed, flipping a pancake.

"i guess, but why did he hate me from it? it's truly a stupid reason to hate someone..." you sulked and stuffed more pancakes in your mouth.

"i would agree, but who knows; there may be more behind the reason."

"i guess..." was all you mumbled as you continued to eat. armin found his way to the kitchen, rubbing his bright blue eyes with his hands.

"good morning, hange." he greeted and placed himself next to me.

"good morning, armin! do you want some pancakes?" they asked.

"yes please, thank you!" he beamed. and in an instant, hange tossed a plate on pancakes his way. hange was an amazing cook, levi always had teased them about it, but in all seriousness; he loved their cooking. "ah, and good morning to you too, y/n!"

"morning." you replied dully. armin just smiled and ate his pancakes.

the rest of the day flashed by, mikasa and armin stayed till around 3 until they went to leave. armin needed to study for an upcoming test, and carla had asked if mikasa to come home for something. once again, you were alone in your room doing nothing. you got quite bored, so you threw on eren's sweater, and a pair of sweats. throwing on some shoes you ran out of the house going for a walk on the brisk autumn afternoon. upon my walk, other people walked by. some greeting you, some simply waving but it was peaceful.

minutes passed and you found myself at the familiar park. you placed yourself on one of the benches and stared at the play set. every time you see this park, it reminds you of how you met eren, how you became best friends, how you grew up together. everything. as you daydreamed of the past, footsteps interrupted your thoughts. you looked to the side of you to see no other than eren himself, but surprisingly this time he was alone. he simply glared at you and seated himself at the bench next to you, farthest from you.