Capter 3: Japanese Task Force

I'm telling y'all now, I am a good speller but my keyboard has it in for me! I really hope yall can make sense of what I'm saying. Feel free to ask aswell. Otay

There was a sudden bright glow when I woke up. I was pretty high up in the building, deffinately above quite a few other tall buildings but it wasn't the highest. I'm not complaining though, the view is breathtaking, especially now. The sun seemed to just be rising, the clouds were low enough to be my roof. I rolled over facing the bed side table that had a digital clock on it. The time read 5:09am. I was so exausted last night I just ploped on the bed and fell asleep the moment I closed my eyes. I sat up, resting my back against the headboard as I stared out the long, wide window directly across from my bed. This was amazing. This was outstanding. This, was the pretty side of the world everyone wanted to see. Then it hit me! I had to pay Ryuzaki back! I jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen area. The hotel had two rooms a kitchen and dining room along with a t.v. all connected together, while there was a separate room. The bedroom with an ensuite and reasonable sized cupboard space. My suitcase and backpack were in the middle of the mini hallway between my door and the start of the kitchen. I grabbed them both before rushing back in my room. I droped my bag at the side of the bed then throwing my suitcase on the bed unzipping it immediately. I rummaged through some of my clothes before setting on a pair of dark blue denim jeans, y/f/c crop top and a black puffer jacket with a hoodie that had a ring of furr around it. I put it to the side un-packing the rest of my clothing and belongings. Around 10 minutes later I was all finished and my room suddenly looked lively, like sombody actually lived in it. I glanced at the time on my phone, picking up my clothes and walking in the bathroom to have a shower. I placed my clothes and phone down on the counter choosing a shower song playlist then undressing and getting in the shower. I washed myself and my hair both with strawberry and coconut scented products. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me then grabbing a hair tie off the bench, I put my hair in a messy bun while I got dressed.
"DANCING IN THE MIRROR SINGING IN THE SHOWERRRRRR. LA DA DE LA DA DIIIIIIIII SINGING IN THE SHOWER." My voice and the music echoed together in perfect harmony sounding like I was singing in the song itself. After putting the puffer jacket on I undid my hair and brushed through it. I left it down to dry naturally, brushed my teeth then cleaned up the bathroom, neatly placing everything in order. I grabbed my phone turning the music down a little and walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom, opening the closet doors and and grabbing out a pair of y/f/c converse shoes to match the top. I cuffed my jeans and put on my shoes and socks. Checking the time once more I grabbed my purse and walked to the kitchen reading the time.
"It's 5:42am. Huh, that went fast." I grabbed the keys to the room and left, locking the door behind be. Walking down the hallway towards the elevator I put my phone in my back pocket with my headphones in, only playing so I can just hear people speak to me, not that anyone would. I pressed the button on the elevator, bopping my head to the beats while waiting for the door. A familiar ding rung and the doors opened, stepping inside I pressed the ground floor, staring down the empty hallway as I could see less and less of it until there was no more.

"Ok thank you, goodbye." I hung up the phone putting it back in my back pocket. I slipped a few notes into an envelope then sealed it by licking the edges. The door man greeted me opening the door then closing it behind me. I walked up to counted only to be greeted by the same man as last night.
"Hello Miss, is everything fixed now?"
"Yes thankfully, there was a little trouble transferring the money sorry but everything should be sorted now." I chimed.
"Let me just check, 304...and yep your all good, enjoy your stay." He smiled, seeming quite happy that things were going well after last night's circumstances.
"I will thank you." Waving as I walk off to the elevator. It was kinda busy in there now, considering how the time was 7am it was half expected. Finally I made it up to my floor, by now the elevator was empty and I was the last one off. I grabbed out my keys going to insert them into the lock before remembering they money. I walked about a metre and a half to Ryuzaki's door, slipping the envelope underneath before standing up and walking back into my room.

I opened the doors to the private investigation room. A man that fitted Mr Yagami's description was seated at the front of the room, nobody but him had noticed me enter. I took a seat next to a man dressed in full black and a black hat tilted down hiding his facial features. Mr Yagami continued to inform everybody about the evidence they had gathered so far and what they could do to improve soon enough he walked towards me, or at least I thought he was comming to me.
"How does that sound L?" L?! What?! The talk guy dressed in black was L? I spun around in my seat making eye contact with the mysterious person then changing my attention to a laptop that held displaying the letter 'L'  on it. Suddenly the laptop spoke.
"I believe you ar- excuse me!" Suddenly the voice comming from the laptop stopped speaking and started to cough as if choking on something.
"L, are you ok?" Soichiro asked as the voice filtered cough caught the attention of some police officers.
"Who- who is that girl?" The voice filter was normal again as if nothing happened.
"Oh right, this is Ayame Ktoko. She is one of our best detectives." The Chief spoke with a proud tone in his voice. There's no way, how am I supposed to find out who L is if he doesn't even show up in person and I can't even hear is voice?! Well, he sure did earn the status I'll give him that. Just act natural, you want him to single you out in his mind while talking to everyone, you want him to notice you more than he notices others, to get close to him he has to know you exist first.
"Hello L, I'm very sorry for being late. Also, are you alright? That was some cough." A concerned look spread across my face as I asked the question.
"Greetings Miss Ktoko, thank you for asking, I am alright now, I simply choked on my drink. It's an honour to be working with one the of the best detectives in the agency according to My Yagami." I felt like he was teasing me or even my ability.
"Please, your the best of the best." I chirped at him.
"Ayame, I can inform you in what you have missed if you would like." I turn my head to look up to Mr Yagami.
"That would be wonderful. I believe this is goodbye for now L."
"I believe so..." I got up out of my seat, his words ran in my head as Soichiro guided me outside, although right before I closed the door I herd somebody say my name.
"Oh and Miss Ktoko! Call me Ryuzaki if you you please."
"..."

Hey dudes and dudettes, sorry this took a while. I got really tired and lazy at the end but I promise new upload tomorrow and I will most likely end up editing it and fixing it up. Night😴