eight

A week since Thomas took it upon himself to disappear since he learnt that Bella Swan was his blood singer. Luella and Edward would ignore the stares as Rosalie was making a big deal about it. Luella did befriend Bella as she didn't think it was her fault as Thomas was the one to spark the curiosity in her in the first place. Edward didn't mind it as long as Bella didn't ask him questions.

Luella was in the shower as Edward was looking at her homework as she wanted him to make sure that she had everything. Edward heard Thomas and sighed as school was starting soon. "You came back on the wrong day." He says. "What will you say to Bella?"

"I'll think of something by then."

Edward nodded as Luella walked out with a towel around her as she forgot her clothes, but she stopped as she saw Thomas making her shut the bathroom door. Edward grabbed her an outfit and took it to her. "He didn't see anything baby."

"When did he get here?"

"A few minutes ago." He says as he kissed her head. "I'll let you finish and then we can go."

Luella smiled as he left and started getting ready. She looked at herself in the mirror and knew that Edward had made her feel loved more than she ever thought she was capable of having.
~~~
At school, Luella was walking to class when she saw Edward. "What's up?" She asked causing him to look up at her. "Edward?" Instead of answering her, Edward kissed her. Luella can say she was shocked, but she knew something was bothering him. "Edward, what's wrong?"

"Thomas said something in last period about you." He says. "He said something along the lines that you may not want to be turned because we can't procreate."

"I know I don't talk about that because I don't want you to think that is why I am with you." She tells him. "I want to be turned, but whenever you are ready."

Edward sighed in relief as Thomas lied. His mate wasn't with him because of that and that she will wait till he is ready to turn her. The bell rang causing them to walk to class, but Edward grabbed Luella. "Let's just skip this period and talk."

Luella smiled as she liked that idea. "Your lucky its free period for me."

Edward smirked as they walked towards the entrance. "Bella hasn't..."

"No. She said its wrong of her to even ask me questions because Thomas was the one to screw up not me." She says. "I promised her I will make a playlist for her so when she gets to her truck, I will be there getting a list of her music she wants."

Edward nodded as the two continued talking about anything and everything. When the bell finally rang, the two looked to see that their time together took a whole period. Luella kissed him before she walked over to Bella as Thomas walked out pissed that his eyes were black and Bella questioned. "She questioned you and now your pissed."

"I was hoping she wouldn't."

"She's not that stupid to not notice things like that." Edward tells him. "Luella may not have asked questions, but Bella, the smallest thing she sees may intrigue her. You did."

Just as Thomas went to respond, they heard tires squealing causing them to look and see Tyler's van. Luella turned as she was about to leave just to see what was about to happen. Edward panicked as his mate was about to get hit making him run over with Thomas. Luella felt herself getting pulled down just as the van made contact. "Edward?"

"I'm right here." He tells her. "Let's get you checked out."

Luella nodded as she couldn't say a word causing Edward to realize that she may be in shock.
~~~
At the hospital, Edward managed to get Luella a private room. Rosalie walked in and sighed in relief that the blonde was okay. "She's in shock." He tells Rosalie.

Rosalie didn't say a word as Edward held Luella's hand. "I thought I almost died." They heard and looked at Luella. "For a moment there, I thought I would have..."

"Shh." Edward said as Luella finally broke. "I'm here. You're safe."

Rosalie walked out to speak to Thomas. She didn't mind Edward even though he screwed up, but Luella is his mate so she can't say anything. Edward held Luella as she cried. He knew one thing. She wasn't going to feel like that ever again till he has finally thought of when to turn her.