twelve

The next day, Luella sat at one of the tables writing when she felt someone walking by her. She looked up to see Bella walking towards Thomas and sighed. She looked back at her notebook before Edward appeared beside her. "She's informing him that she knows." She tells him. "And I'm trying to finish this essay."

"I know.' He said. "I want to take you somewhere."

Luella looked at him. "Where?"

"You'll see." He said as he held his hand out.

Luella looked back at her essay and closed the notebook before taking his hand in hers. Edward smiled as he pulled her up and kissed her. Rosalie saw them and smiled as she watched her best friend and Edward leave.
~~~
Edward had Luella's eyes covered as he arrived to a beautiful field. "I was searching for a spot for the two of us and I thought this will be perfect for us to come here and get away."

Luella felt Edward move his hands causing her to gasp. She looked at Edward and smiled. "You didn't have to do this."

Edward smiled as he held her hand. "I wanted to." He looked out to the field. "I'm thinking of having a house built here for us."

Luella looked at him not knowing how to respond. She looked back at the field as she had this little image of a house and children running around with their father. Edward smiled at the image. They knew it was impossible for a vampire to procreate, but they didn't know if it's possible with a human. "Edward, do you think..."

"I don't know." He tells her. "It's not happened yet."

Luella nodded as she looked at Edward smiling. "Thank you for showing this field to me."
~~~
When they arrived home, Luella went straight to doing her homework. Edward sat behind her as she was busy. None of them said a word till they heard Thomas and Rosalie yelling. Luella looked at Edward who sighed. "He just confirmed it."

"Edward, have you ever thought of just staying out all night underneath the night sky?" Edward shook his head. "Come on." She tells him. 'Let's go to our spot."

Edward didn't say a word as he wanted to get away from them. He picked Luella up and jumped out of the window causing her to laugh. Esme smiled as she knew they weren't going to get involved.
~~~
At the field, Luella and Edward laid together looking at the night sky. Edward raised up a bit and looked at her. She smiled as he leaned in and kissed her. He couldn't help, but start raising her shirt up. "Mm." She said. "Are you sure you want to do that out here?"

"Can't do it at home."

Luella smiled as she pulled Edward back. She didn't care as long as they didn't have to hear the others.