| 37 |

A/N: I have nothing to say but  :)

  THE gala was way beyond Catherine's imagination and she suddenly felt very insecure. She regretted not letting Gabby fix her hair into a more extravagant look, or maybe let her put on heavier make up. She clutched her long fluffy white coat tighter, feeling like it was her shield.

  "Lose the coat Cathy, come on and untie your hair." Gabby said to her. They just descended the giant golden staircase and were now handing their coats and cardigans to the footmen. Gabby has discarded her cardigan and her shimmering halter neck silver dress was on full display. Her hair was half up half down, decorated with a crystal bandana.

  "No way." Catherine firmly said, now gripping her coat for dear life. "Why on earth did I let you convince me to wear this dress, Gabs."

  "Because you look magnificent in it. Now you said you want to show off your confident side so give me your coat right now." Gabby held her hands out reaching to rip the coat off her but Catherine retreated two steps back.

  Just as Gabby was about to protest, Greg walked down the stairs in a three piece navy blue suit and a matching silver tie. His hair neatly pushed to the side and he sported his famous smile. A few women to their left stared at him wide-eyed.

  "That's my husband!" Gabby purposely raised her voice, making Catherine chuckle.

  Greg was looking at his wife just like he did when Gabby went down the stairs during the Yule ball. His eyes tender with admiration and love. He put his arms around Gabby's waist and whispered in her ear, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack, that dress..."

  Gabby laughed and placed a hand on his chest, "If you let me get drunk, you might just get lucky tonight since the kids are away..."

  Greg smiled, "Well then we should hog the bar.." then they went in for a kiss. When they finished exploring each other's mouth, Greg turned to her and smiled, "Hey Cathy."

  Catherine rolled her eyes at them both, and she turned around to scan the ballroom. She knew Professor Smethwyck was wealthy, but she didn't know exactly how much. Judging by the lavish chandeliers each with 100 candles decorated with hanging crystals, the polished white tone marbled floor, the tall pillars decorated with expensive sculptures and statues and the centrepiece water fountain shaped like a mermaid pouring liquid gold.

  It was a packed evening with everyone who's anyone here. Both new and old money people were here to enjoy this gallant fundraising event. No doubt this was an excellent idea proposed by the hospital director. A way to charm the rich to invest and build back the largest hospital in the wizarding world since 1600. Catherine and Greg's job today was to charm at least one investor. How was she supposed to be the "representatives" of the hospital? This type of task is easy for Greg, he was always the people's pleasure. For Catherine? Not so much. She already regrets coming at all.

  Someone in a neat white tux approached them, he was carrying a tray of what seems to be canapés. "May I interest you with some tartar?"

  "Yes please." Gabby went to get one but Greg flicked her hand away.

  "Don't eat that sweetheart." He grabbed her hand, "Or you'll have bad breath for the rest of the evening."

  "I thought Dragonballs give you bad breath. I'm really hungry, Greg. I'll just have one-" Gabby whined.

  Greg chuckled and sent the worker away, "Trust me I'll get you some food later."

  "Do you have anyone in mind, Greg?" Catherine asked him, hoping he'll say no so they were on the same page.