| 44 |

"I AM terribly sorry." Professor Mcgonagall uttered with complete fear and sadness dripping from her eyes. A few strands of her hair had escaped from her hat and now fell freely, covering her face. She couldn't seem to look anyone in the eye, especially Potter's.

  As they sat in one of the greenhouse classrooms that were not destroyed during the attack, Draco debated in his head which weapon he should use to pierce Potter's skull. A dagger would have been too messy, he would not want his blood in his hands. He could use an arrow, letting it glide as it hits between his eyes but that would be too easy. His best choice was just to use Sectumsempra and slice his head into two.

  Harold managed to steal the stone located within the castle and Potter lost one of the rings. They infiltrated the Ministry to get to one while everyone was focused on helping here at the school. Luckily Potter hid the two rings in two separate locations. With Potter always promoting safety and security, even went lengths to take the fifth stone from Malfoy Manor, saying it was not safe enough... calling him an idiot was an understatement.

  So yes, murder was on Draco's mind.

  "It's all right, Professor." Potter replied, as she left the room.

  It clearly was not. Draco scoffed, earning glares from other members of the Ministry around him. He liked to think that they had grown used to his presence. The busybodies had reduced the amount of sneering and had gone down to a bare minimum, though some looked at him still like he had a price on his head.

  "So how many stones are now in our possession and may we know their specific locations, Potter?" A tall skinny man, Baron? Or was it Carew, Draco forgot his name. He was the one who liked to gawk at him the most.

  "I don't think finding the stones now is particularly necessary. What we need to do is prepare for war." Klaison banged his fist on the table. He was Draco's favourite. Draco was sure he wanted to kill Potter as much as he did.

  "This is going to be fun." Theo whispered, sitting to his right. Leaning back against his chair, putting a leg over his knee.

  Blaise was on his left who didn't really seem to bother, "I'm just hungry."

  Weasley choked on a cough as Potter stood up. He lifted his wand, and casted a silencing charm. "The enemy has gained two stones. The location of one ruby still remains unknown. For now we have the fifth tiny piece located deep within Gringotts. The other ring is secured within the Ministry's walls-"

  Klaison gave him a grave chuckle, shooting daggers with his eyes. "What is your definition of secure? Is this a game of hide and seek to you?"

  Potter cleared his throat. "The breach was unexpected and we did not estimate the level of attack-"

  This time it was someone from a different Department that Draco didn't recognise. But anyone willing to call out Potter on his shit was now his ally. He banged both palms on the table, the echoed reverberated through the room as he stood up to face Potter. His straight white teeth clearly showed as he snarled. "What are your estimations exactly? Do you have any idea how serious the results of your pure idiocy and irresponsibilities are?"

  "Nice..." Theo chuckled a little bit too loud, and Draco jabbed him in the chest.

  Klaison chimed in, "You have been severely distracted for the past few weeks. You and Deputy Head Granger. Are you not? Our laws have never been in such outrageous disarray ever since the second wizarding war. Not to mention our leader would rather trade and play guest to other leaders instead of fixing his own people."