Chapter 37 - The lesbians and their dog

"What?" Natasha whispered but Seven didn't turn around, she was already crying and knew she would just break if she saw her mother's face.

"So you're saying that Agent Petrov threatened the life of Agent Romanoff?" Fury asked. Seven wanted to scoff at the formality of it all but she bit her tongue and nodded.

"He threatened my mother, yes"

"What did he say?" Tony asked, Seven was getting really pissed off at him now.

"Just watch the footage Stark if you want to know so bad, you're already intrusive enough." She replied, not even bothering to turn to look at the arrogant man as she spoke to him.

Seven flinched as she felt a hand on her shoulder but they didn't let go. Instead, the person pulled her into them and Seven could smell her mother's perfume as she cried into her chest. She cursed herself for letting her emotions get the better of her, she wasn't supposed to break like this.

Natasha held her daughter and ran her fingers through her hair as the others resumed their conversation, she knew that Seven wouldn't want all eyes on her. She pulled back and met the identical green eyes that were staring back up at her, filled with tears. 

"I'm okay, see" Natasha whispered, "They won't hurt me."

Seven nodded weakly, they both knew what Ivan was capable of but now wasn't the time to be pessimistic although they both normally were.

"Is it bad that I don't regret it?" Seven whispered, she knew that killing without mercy was something the Avengers didn't do, hence this meeting.

"No Seven" Natasha shook her head,  "I'm proud of you, if I had the chance to that to my guard then I would, one thousand times over."

"Okay." Seven warmed inside at the thought of someone being proud of her but she didn't show it externally, there was too much going on right now.

"And what about your interrogations? Parker, how did yours go?" Fury asked the boy who had been silent for so long, Seven was just happy that Tony wasn't talking again.

"Um, the guard kept repeating 'Hail Hydra' so it wasn't very useful to be honest" Peter replied sadly. 

"Rodgers? Romanoff?" 

"He gave a possible location, all it took was a little threat to his life and he cracked" Steve explained. 

"As much as I hate to agree with Stark, Seven you cannot be included in this mission, you're too emotionally involved" Fury looked at the girl who looked down at the floor, she wasn't going to argue with authority.

"I want Peter taken off the case too" Tony spoke up and Peter snapped his head round to stare at him.

"What, why?" Peter asked,

"Too dangerous Pete." Peter huffed in response, he was becoming increasingly more and more annoyed with Tony each second but he didn't fight back.

"What are we supposed to do while you go out looking?" Seven asked, her tone cold.

"Take the dog back to the address we received, it needs to be done" Tony replied.

"Okay Mr Stark," Peter said, downcast. He chose not to be affected by his mentor's sad expression but instead kept his eyes trained on the floor, walking out of the room.

"I'm guessing Mr Hogan will be taking us back to the tower?" Seven asked and Tony nodded, "We can get ourselves to the address"

"Make sure-"