Chapter 76 - "It's complicated doll, I am sorry."

A.N: Okay so you all took the thing with Wanda much more positively than I expected. Not quite sure what to do with that. I always want to hear you guys' suggestions for the plot so hearing ab whether you're team Peter or team Wanda is greatly appreciated. Your comments always make my day.

---------------------

Seven's first instinct was to heal the wound, so she sat on the park bench in the middle of Barcelona, sweaty and exhausted, staring tirelessly at her gunshot wound. 

It wasn't healing. 

Seven couldn't tell if this was a dream, that was the only plausible explanation. 

She pinched her skin and it dawned on her that this wasn't a dream, and for some reason they just were not working. She cursed and pulled herself to her feet, scanning the area. Which direction had she come from? 

The trees were all the same, her head was somewhat foggy and her temper was short-circuiting. 

Seven decided she had come from the left, so she backtracked that way, a hand still placed to her side. She was just thankful her dress wasn't white. 

Natasha flinched at the loud noise and she had the politician pinned beneath her before she could even take a breath. The crowd surged and the previous anticipating quiet had erupted into screams and frantic shouting as they all moved in conflicting directions. 

Natasha pulled away, looking over the woman for a sign of an injury. To her surprise the woman was fine, scared but still fine. Her next instinct was to look at to her team, checking them both over too. It took both of them reassuring her that they were fine twice before Natasha would believe that they hadn't been shot.

 There were police on the scene mere minutes later, leading the politician into the back of a flashing car. A few of the reporters were also being pulled away to give statements and Natasha decided not to comment on Wanda's searching eyes. 

When the policemen tried to get the three women to come with them to give a statement, Maria flashed her SHEILD badge and they backed off, obviously recognizing the logo.  

"We should leave," Natasha mumbled, "Whoever fired that shot has cleared the area, they're not going to try again." 

The three of them took off, only Wanda looking over her shoulder to scan the faces of those left behind.

Seven had been walking for a good half an hour before her hope started dwindling. Without the trace of a comm or the slightest idea of where she was heading, she was beginning to feel hopeless. 

Seven had come to the conclusion that it was the serum messing with her powers. She could feel them in her mind trying to help her but they were being restrained by something beyond her power. She was unsure whether this was a product of the underdeveloped formula or whether Dreykov didn't trust her to not use her powers on a mission that didn't have a lethal aim. 

Either way she was pissed off. 

She didn't have anything to wrap the wound with and she was sure that she was walking in the wrong direction. She hummed a tune to keep focus. 

"So, do tell about your night darling Wanda." Wanda blushed and hid her face in her hair, she couldn't look at the woman she considered a parental figure, even more so knowing the shit eating grin that was for sure on Natasha's face. She knew it was Natasha teasing her from her voice alone, plus Agent Hill would never make a comment like that.