Chapter 70 - Opal Abbott, Fanny Longbottom, and Toby Grey,

Seven spent the majority of the day in a small classroom with the others, receiving a crash course on the avengers, their fighting styles, their names, and a picture of each of them. She was beginning to become familiar with them now and she was structuring a mental image of each in her mind, almost like a fact file.

Yelena seemed on edge the entire time but Seven chose not to press, they had just become somewhat friends.

Seven took her mission very seriously and studied each of them carefully, writing notes about things she deemed important. Adding the most simple of details to her mental store. Right now she was memorizing their natural eye colours.

The pictures were the most recent sighting of each of them, they seemed to be at some charity event.

"That one's attractive, no?" Viktoria said, trying to lighten the mood.

Sofia shushed her, "She looks younger than you," 

"Mmm, maybe. What do you think Yelena? Seven?"

Yelena looked up briefly, "Not my type."

"Seven?" 

Seven didn't understand the relevance, she was here to study. "Sure Viktoria, she's cute." She took note of the green eyes. 

"See, Seven agrees with me."

Seven tuned them out, picking up her stuff and moving over to sit next to Anya who was also taking notes quietly.

"I like the hair" Anya said, not looking up. "It dried nicely."

Seven just nodded in acknowledgement, she didn't know if she agreed yet. 

"When are we leaving?" Seven asked, writing the last of her notes and placing her pen down.

"Soon, I think. Have you packed?" 

"Pack what?" Seven asked genuinely, what did she have to pack? Her life was here. The older widows had more to their name, even if it was virtuously nothing. They had hidden mementos from their lives here or from missions they had completed. Seven had nothing. 

Suddenly the radio overhead crackled and a voice told them to make their way back to their room and to prepare for sedation. As if a switch had been turned on in her, Seven rose alongside the others and abandoned her studies. 

The serum was working after all.

On her bed she found a tactical suit and several weapons. She immediately slipped it on and zipped it up, liking the way it felt on her skin. She holstered the two guns beside her hips, fastened the widow bites to her wrist, and tucked a dozen knives into the hidden crevices the suit concealed. 

She tied her hair back, putting half in a plait down the back of her head and leaving the other half down in waves. Her hair was longer now and she pulled the knots out with her fingers. 

The women around her were all dressed the same, the same weapons and the same suit. 

Seven had noticed more guards around then normal on their silent walk back to the room and she knew the others had noticed too.

"Do you think it's moving?" Vik asked, looking mostly at Anya. She had been here the longest.

"I think so, increased guards, irregular patterns. It makes sense." She nodded, Seven listened in, interested.

"Where are we now?" She asked,

"We have no idea, we get sedated upon exit and arrival for maximum safety." Yelena explained.