Chapter 50 - Rooftops

"What are you doing with those?" Peter quizzed as she met him on the rooftop on a building nearby to the tower, gingerbread in hand.  

"We are going to make a pit stop" She explained, walking closer to him.

"Okay, but how are you going to fly? you don't have any hands free" He pointed to the cookies again.

"Oh shit yeah" She realised. Without her hands, she couldn't bend the air around her.

"Here's an idea," Peter said, "I could just carry you" He shrugged.

"Carry me?" She asked.

"Yeah, like just hold you around the waist"

"Okay but what if you just held the cookies instead? You only need one hand to swing with" She suggested instead.

"What if I drop them?" 

"I doubt you will" Seven reasoned.

"but I might"

"But you won't"

"We really don't know that," He reasoned, " but what we do know is that I can be clumsy. I think its easier if I just carry you" 

"Fine" Seven said hesitantly, walking so she was stood next to him and he could wrap his arm around her waist. "It seems like you just want to carry me" 

"Nope," Peter shook his head as they swung from the building. "Just for convenience."

Seven sighed and rolled her eyes, "you haven't even asked where we're going" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Where are we going then?" Peter mocked, 

"The triskelion" 

"But I haven't got my card," Peter said, voice slightly panicked, he wasn't about to be left behind.

"Neither have I," Seven said, "but we won't need them, I have a plan"

"Care to elaborate?" Peter asked, focusing on listening and webbing at the same time.

"Well, you know that one window that Fury always keeps open?" Peter nodded, "we're going to go through that one"

When Peter had swung them all the way to the Triskelion, he then focused on climbing up the walls up to the roof so they could enter through the window that was just below. 

Seven handed Peter the cookies as he could crawl on the ceiling and hold the plate at the same time and she could just fly headfirst through the window. Peter went first and when she could no longer see his feet poking out the window she threw herself into the air, aligning her body with the thin window and pushing herself through.

Unfortunately she had miscalculated the fact that Peter was going to be waiting on the ceiling on the other side, giving her substantially less room than she had originally thought she would get. To avoid crashing into him she angled her body downwards but caught her foot on the outside of the window, causing her to lose her focus and be dragged down to the floor, landing with a loud bang as her body smacked against the floor.

As soon as she crashed onto the floor Fury noticed her and out of reflex threw a knife, landing a few inches away from her face. 

"Jesus Christ!" Seven exclaimed as she leapt away, pulling the knife from the floor.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Fury hissed, "I almost stabbed you!"

"I know!" Seven whispered back, shaking the knife at him. "You did miss though" She added, "you may want to re-evaluate your aim"