19 pt. 2

Later that day after Natasha dropped me off, I refused to show Roman the dress. Even after he asked, I wouldn't let him see it. He called the "I paid for it" card but I still wouldn't let him, no matter how much that comment made me want to punch him in the face.

I had just finished curling my hair in the bathroom when Roman barges in.

He's dressed in all black. His pants, his dress shirt, and his suit jacket are all black. He isn't wearing a tie, and the top two buttons of his shirt are undone. Like I said earlier, model.

His hair looks as it always does, some hangs in his face but he looks great either way. His hazel eyes light up upon seeing me.

He frowns in confusion a second later. "Where's your dress?" He asks, looking me up and down.

I chuckle, letting one of the last curls fall off of my curling iron.

"I'm not putting it on just yet," I say to him. "I'll do it after this,"

Before I turn around to face him again, he leaves the bathroom with a sigh. I laugh at his exit, shaking my head.

I place the curling iron on the counter to cool off while I reach for my dress, that's hanging in the empty towel rack.

I pull it off the hanger and place it on. I look at myself in the mirror and think back to how different I looked in this dress only a few hours ago.

With my makeup and hair all dolled up, I look exactly like someone who is going to a club. I take one more look before taking a deep breath.

I turn around and open the door before I can chicken out. I walk down the little hallway to where the bed is and I see Roman sitting on the edge of the bed, his phone in hand, no idea I have just walked out of the bathroom.

Right as I go to call his name, he seems to sense my presence and looks up.

If arousal and shock were the same thing, that's exactly what Roman seems to be feeling right now. His eyes are filled with heat but his other features are filled with awe.

I laugh. "Roman?" I ask.

He shakes his head and stands. He walks over to me and tugs me toward him. "I'm not so sure I want to leave anymore." He says casually, one of his hands now caressing my cheek.

I shrug. "Your choice," I say. "But, I'd actually like to use this dress and not waste it. I mean, you did buy it." I tease with a smile.

He chuckles. "Since I bought it," He leans toward my ear, I feel his warm breath fan my neck. "I get to take it off you later." I suck in a breath. "But only if that's okay with you?" He's teasing me now.

"Deal," I say breathlessly before we walk out the hotel door.

TTTTTTTTTTTTT

The car ride over to the club I'm a tad nervous. The soothing movements of Roman's hand on my knee comforts some of the anxious feelings.

I look over at him as he gazes out the car window, watching the city pass us by. He must sense me staring because he turns his head a looks at me. His face softens and a small smile forms on his lips.

I like seeing Roman this way. Most of the time I feel like he's either tense or focused. When it's just me and him, he seems at peace. Falling for Roman was harder than I thought but every time I see him I know there was something in him that compelled me to keep fighting, keep looking for something that might not have ever been there in the first place. He has a way of challenging me but also making me a better person along the way. I've always been an observant type, sensing people's emotions and gauging how they feel. With Roman, he was pretty much a blank wall. A mystery hiding behind his tattoos and brooding personality.