7 | Merry Christmas

"So where did you learn to speak german?" Hans asked as we sat up in the office

"So where did you learn to speak german?" Hans asked as we sat up in the office. As I said it was working, I kept him far enough from anything related to my Dad or hostages in general. It wasn't even that manipulative as I actually found myself happy to have a conversation with him. What was the change? Or was there even some change? Maybe I just felt good with him. I ask you to not judge me that much.

"Well, I always was fascinated with history and languages. But since school focused on history was losted case, I dedicated give a try to languages. They sure are more useful than certain dates like what happened in 17th century." I answered, for us both to chuckle about it. "You're right. You speak really well though." Hans said. "Thank you, I still have to improve but I'm glad you think it's good enough." I thanked him with smile.

We talked about everything. Well, I talked and he listened. It's not often you talk and someone fully listens to you and seems interested. Hans was the first. Terrorist and I felt I could tell him everything. I shared with him all my thoughts and he mostly supported them or gave me his opinion. It was so strange how comfortable just talking to him made me feel. I was grateful in the end. I could never really talk that much to anyone, since I had certain trust issues as I was stuck in New York with my Dad.

"So I'd really like to study university in London, but I'm aware it does not have to work out." I sighed with smile. "Why? I mean, you're smarter than the actual people there." He said, what made me little laugh. "Well, thank you, but who knows if it's only about education, people there can afford way more than I can, although my family is doing well, I believe they find it way useless spend so much on me just for some studies." He gave me a look. "Well, if this night works out I would most likely gift you as much as you need for it to come true."

"Oh, well, that's kind offer, but I prefer not. We can always go on dinner instead." I threw an answer, I didn't even thought of. I felt embarrassed as I realized, going on dinner with terrorist like nothing happened but Hans looked nothing but completely satisfied.
"That sounds as a plan and..and uhm, I forgot to ask..how about people in your school? Or your partner?" He asked instead, nervousness in him. It was noticeable he hardly put that question together, although his curiosity was noticeable.

"They are okey, I love the friendships I've made there, although we are busy in own ways. Difference is most of them are busy with their partners and I don't have any so I'm basically busy just with family, watching movies and obviously studies." I shrugged in funny way. At first he looked happy about my answer, but then he stayed still. "You? No boyfriend, I could swear..I'm taken by surprise." He muttered.

"Don't be, my Dad most likely would kill me if I got myself any boyfriend." I admitted, little regretting as I mentioned my Dad. "But it's sure little sad watching my friends having their love lives and me imagining it with a fictional cop played by Mel Gibson." He little winked about it. "Oh, so you must really like Lethal Weapon?" My eyes started to shine. "More than anything!" I giggled. "Well, I liked it too, not as bad as I excepted it." He admitted.