Stupid Lovesick Halo.

HIM.

The black and white ultrasound picture in my hands was surreal. It was as if everything else around me was white and there was this sort of dark halo around the picture of some blobs labeled foot and arm. The whole idea of fatherhood clearly didn't sink in last night because I had so many thoughts running through my head, especially after having crazy sex with her in the middle of the night. My first thought was damn she knocked out quick. I pulled out, kissed her and she was gone. So, of course I was super ecstatic.

     My ego was boosted. Yeah, I still got it. After months of no sex, I fucked her out. I think she fucked me out, too though because waking up this morning just about gave me a heart attack. After waking up so many times wishing she was in my arms, she finally was and I could barely breathe beside her. I wanted to cuddle her, kiss her, touch her, love her. But damnit I made her schedule an appointment that day and she actually did it.

     I woke up to Raine practicing some motherhood as she made sure she got her appointment set up. She looked so cute making that phone call with her hand on her hip, her other hand firm on her twin-carrying belly. The sight made me sigh aloud and watch her with tired, happy eyes. I think we were only sleep for about three hours and then she was awake, trying to find an early appointment. Eight fifteen, she told me, looking at me with those pretty, equally tired, hazel eyes. And I didn't get annoyed even though I felt like crap on the outside because I was, well my soul was humming on the inside.

     The appointment had my stomach knotting on me, especially when her doctor kept staring at me, wondering why I was there actually listening to her and asking questions about what we should expect to see coming soon. It seemed she was surprised that I showed up and cared. If I'd have known that she was pregnant from the jump, her doctor would've seen me the following day.

     It was officially imprinted in my heart that we were having twins. Twins. Copies. Doubles. We're going to have to buy a new car. No way in hell two car seats can sit in her bug mobile or my own little beamer. "We have so much shit to figure out, you know that?" I combed my hair back with my fingers, in need of a haircut, but at this point, I don't think I can afford one. "We need a house. A fucking parent car. Money. Money. My bar job isn't gonna cut it, I'm going to have to become a stripper."

     "You don't know how to twerk to Ludacris, stripping isn't getting you anything," she shook her head before turning away from me. Her kitchen was small enough that the space between us was short enough for me to see her lips moving as she talked shit underneath her breath. Her body did a cute little twist each time she whisked the pancake batter in the bowl; she had cooked me breakfast that morning. Something I could definitely get used to. "I thought you do your drawing?"

     "I do. I have every other weekend off so I help out at a local bar with Ryker."

     "Of course you do."

     We fell into a rhythm that morning, and it put me in a weird sense of nostalgia. My mother was always making breakfast for my dad in the morning and they'd talk, and talk and talk some more about everything under the sun. Raine and I did that, asking about how each other's day usually starts. I have to say hers was a bit more productive than mine. While I laid on the couch, half dead with my mouth full of sugar, she was up in the bathroom piecing herself together. What a fucking woman.

     Though she did tell me how it took her weeks to want to talk or hangout with anyone - even her friends couldn't pull her out of her house with ease. I didn't have the luxury of shutting out my friends because I lived with them. I lived with him, I guess I should clarify. Ryker has been like my mom this whole time during the split between Raine and I. I have to thank Bambi for convincing her friend to call me. That really helped everything run smoother because I'm sure if she never called and I showed up randomly like I planned to, she'd kill me on the spot.