the first clue

The woman lets us go but gives us a key and a map. She points to a house and says, "This will be your temporary residence".

Me and Hen say thanks at the same time, and we leave for the house. (Picture above) It is quite a nice house.

After walking for about half an hour, we arrive at the cottage. Henry opens the door and we go inside. I walk down the hallway to the living room. "Wow, y/n you have to see this" "Omg, it looks like they knew we were coming here" I reply as I walk into the storage room. It's full of stuff like: clothes, food and other things, basically everything you need to live somewhere.

I ask Hen, "How long do you think we'll stay here?" "I have no idea, it's all far too weird. First we run into my mother looking for my father and your brother. Then that weird woman who let us in and had a package for you. We really need to figure this out." "Yep"

A few hours later we have discovered the house and I start reading in my book. Flipping through my book on Greek mythology I get to the part about sirens and an envelope falls out. I call Henry and open it. In it is a map of this area and a lake is marked.

There's also a letter with a clue: "Find the highest spot, if my brightest light falls on the right point you'll find one of the animals that is highest on the food chain".

Let's go and look at the lake", says Henry. When we arrive at the lake we see a lighthouse and a few animal statues. "The lighthouse is definitely the highest point, and it gives light" Henry replies, "Yep, but we'll have to come back at night, when it's dark".

No sooner said than done. It's dark now and we're going to leave for the lake. We go straight into the lighthouse, which is open, and go up. When we arrive at the top we turn on the lamp and see that it is aimed at an eagle.

"Let's go back and see the eagle tomorrow when it's light again," says Henry. "Yeah, sure," I reply.

The next morning we go back to the lake and towards the eagle. When we get to the eagle, we look around it but we don't see anything immediately. When we take a closer look at the statue, we see a kind of pendant around its neck.

When we take it off, we can turn it open and I take out a letter and a map

When we take it off, we can turn it open and I take out a letter and a map. "Must be a new clue."