Chapter 4: Hashira Meeting: Aftermath

Moriyama always loved the scent inside the Mansion. It was soothing just like the Master's voice. The Hashiras were now seated in front of their Master as they discussed matters concerning the demons. The Master informed the Hashiras that the demons were now active and recruitments of new members were needed.

"What are your thoughts?"

"The Incident on Mt. Natagumo made it clear that the caliber of Demon Slayers has dropped to unbelievable levels. Most of them are useless," Shinazugawa stated.

Tengen commented on Tanjiro's blow on Sanemi during the trial, adding that he has potential.

Kocho stated that it is difficult to recruit as most of them don't even believe in the existence of demons with Giyomei adding that those who have joined are those who have lost loved ones or descended from demon slayers.

"I believe that since the boy has met the Kizuki after joining the Corps, he will have the power to draw in more. I am envious!" said Rengoku.

The Master commented how it is frustrating that Muzan must've created a diversion whenever he wants to hide. 

"Hmm...," Moriyama started, her sense tingling, "Master if I may. Since it was proven today that there are demons that are harmless against humans I suggest we use this to our advantage. Who knows? They could be others who are like Nezuko and may have the secrets to defeating Muzan. We, demon slayers, are merely humans so we could gain the upper hand should an intense battle arise."

"Very ambitious of you Murasaki. With that in mind, would you mind visiting Tamayo? It occurred to me that she had requested a personal audience from you. Since you knew her even before becoming a demon slayer, I suggest that you should definitely be the one to approach her," the Master said.

She cringed when the Master said Tamayo and the fact that he basically exposed her and could sense the side glances from the others. She mustered up a smile that said "I suppose one visit wouldn't hurt, Master. I have a feeling that this era will be the end of Muzan."

The Master smiled at her remark before continuing his thoughts. "I feel, you who are present today, the core Hashira are the finest unit I have assembled since the first breathing swordsman of the feudal era. I look forward to seeing your success."

Everyone prepared to leave but Moriyama requested to stay for one more conversation. After everyone had left, she asked her question to the Master. This was something that her sister wanted to do so as her guardian she should be supportive of her as she was very confident that Moriko is ready for this mission. Even though the mission was just delivered, she wanted to at least try for her sister.

After their discussion, she said her goodbye and walked outside to see a familiar cat walking up to her as if it was the sweetest little being on earth as if it didn't just deliver a letter from Tamayo to the Master about wanting to discuss something with her. The calico walked to her side, stopped, and meowed at her. "Well aren't you a devoted messenger?" She forced a smile, petting Tamayo's cat once and putting him on her shoulders before leaving.

Tamayo was a skilled demon doctor to put it in simpler terms. The other Hashiras didn't know of her existence until tonight, which is why they were confused at first. But Moriyama had known her since she was separated from her mother years ago. She basically took care of her until she found out she was a demon. She was trying to suggest to the Master in a very subtle manner however he had other plans. She wasn't pleased with meeting her again so soon after what she did. But because her Master suggested that she answers her message, she needed to fulfill this small mission before heading home.