Alternative Ending pt 2

Moriyama's eyelids fluttered open. Her vision was blurry, her body ached and her head was spinning as soon as she regained her senses. A calming scent soothed her million thoughts which spammed in her head. She looked at her surroundings. She was in her room. The soothing lavender scent came from the candles which were on a nearby shelf. Everything looked the same. The futon was softer though.

She groaned as she tried to remember what happened followed by a slight headache. Right, I confronted Akaza about the hairpin. She needed to use her blood art. But because she didn't fully accept her demon self and immediately used a demon art her body needed to pay the price. A memory of Akaza declaring that humans are weaklings came to mind. She sighed. At least he was able to be at peace. Hmm... How long was I out for?

She sensed movement and turned her head to the door. It opened to reveal Shinobu. "Oh, Moryama-san, you're awake," she said with a smile.

This then summoned a huge amount of movement and more heads popped out behind her. Tengen, his wives, Tanjiro and his friends all rushed in overwhelming the Air Hashira while the insect Hashira tried to convince everyone to not crowd the woman. She failed and now everyone was on either side, looking at her as if she had been brought back to life.

.

.

.

After fully gathering herself together, Moriyama was able to get the gist of what took place. Rengoku received treatment and was able to go on missions again. This time he went with Moriko on her mission explaining their absence. Tengen, his wives, as well as Tanjiro and his group came back from a mission at the Red light District which explains the sound Pillar's missing arm and eye. Despite that, his flamboyant energy still remind which Murasaki praised him for. Moriyama was unconscious for almost 4 months. I guess that's a fair price. I hope that's the only price.

"Despite all that I'm glad everyone is alright," she said, smiling. She admitted to herself that she still felt a little weaker than before and would have to step down from her duties for a while but she kept quiet as she didn't want everyone to worry too much. So far they haven't asked about what she did. Looks like Moriko didn't say anything. I wonder if Rengkou knows.

They stayed and chatted for a while until Moriko and Rengoku rushed into her room. She felt a light sensation and almost went to stand up. The sight of her sister and the Flame Hashira made her feel that everything was completely fine. Moriko rushed to hug the woman and Moriyama held her. Everyone then left and it was just her, Moriko, and Rengoku.

"You have a lot of catching up to do," Moriko said, tearing up and giving her sister a big smile.

The older woman laughed at her remark, hugging them both.

"Mmm, Mori your sister smells like lavender!" Rengoku said. Murasaki blushed a bit and she shivered as his breath tickled her neck

"RENGOKU-SAN! SISTER JUST WOKE UP!"

After settling down, Moriyama learned that Moriko had revealed in anger that their mother had already passed when the senior Rengoku had insulted Murasaki's breathing style and her abilities. Moriko had also shoved Akira's letter at his face before leaving. What caused her anger was the fact that Shinjuro had seen Tanjiro's earrings and attacked him. He would've hit Senjuro as well if Moriko wasn't there to shield the boy from his father's outburst followed by Tanjiro headbutting the man.

"He deserved it though," Moriko told her.

"Mori," Murasaki gave her a warning look.

Rengoku chuckled at the sisters. "Father and Senjuro are okay. As for father's health, there is an improvement! Your Kombucha tea has greatly helped him get back on his feet!"