Alternative Ending: What happened after

Heavy manga spoilers from Swordsmith arc to Infinity castle.

After the passing of Murasaki, Moriko spent her days reflecting and reading up on her notes. She was fully committed to master 7th form. It didn't help that there were demon attacks near the swordsmith village. She and the other Hashiras available at that time were able to fight them off.

 After that, they realized that there were fewer demon attacks. Moriko suggested at the Hashira meeting to use this to their advantage as it seems that Muzan was preparing for war. The Hashiras then prepared by using their free time to train themselves as well as the other demon slayers.

During the battle, Moriko and Tamayo kept Muzan busy by injecting the drug she prepared while Moriko made sure he wasn't able to move using the drug her sister had made. It didn't last as Moriko got separated from them by an Upper moon 5. She struggled as the upper moon was her father who became a demon by Akaza when he was looking for Murasaki and Moriko after they were kidnapped.

Tanjiro would join the fight but Moriko would use an incomplete 7th form combined with 10th form to defeat her father, thus dying in the process due to not getting a full demon slayer mark. Rengoku would try to reach her in time before she made the final blow but was occupied with Nakome. Mitsuri and Obanai would assist him in that fight. When the crow announced her death, he silently thanked her for fighting spirit to the end while making a final blow on Nakame.

Rengoku would then die when battling Muzan. He would be among the Hashiras to fight him with a demon slayer mark and the see-through ability.

The death of Moriko brought an end to the pure Moriyama bloodline. The Moriyama sisters were buried together side by side next to the Rengokus among the many that passed when defeating Muzan.

In the modern era, like everyone else, the Moriyama sisters were reincarnated as sisters. Moriko became the oldest sibling while Murasaki became the youngest and they both attend the same school like everyone else.

Moriko became the school nurse and Murasaki became friends with Rengoku's descendant/reincarnation.

Aite

So this does not apply to the story because Moriyama didn't fight Akaza. There's also another alternative ending I had in mind but this is my favorite out of the two.

Hope you enjoyed this oneshot where Rengoku lives.