Extra Chapter: Past Memories pt2

Murasaki was anxious. Her senses were quiet and it was driving her insane. In contrast, the the wind gently caressed her face. She sat there, eye closed, on the small hill under a tree taking in the fresh breeze that gently. Her hair swaying with the wind.

She opened her eyes and instinctively turned around to see a blonde haired man walking towards her. "My apologies for interrupting, Mura-san," he said, settling down next to her "Senjuro said you'd be here so I brought you some sweet buns!"

Moriyama smiled at the kind gesture from the Flame Hashira. She had always admired his strong and upbeat personality. Despite his father's condition, he still manages to be uplifting and have a pleasant aura. "Now I see why you chose this particular wisteria inn!" he commented, "So relaxing and refreshing!"

They had just finished a mission in Kyoto and were now staying at a Wisteria Inn located in Mount Atago near the Kinkaku-ji temple. It was built on a small cliff overlooking the city and the temple with greenery surrounded it.

"Mother would take me to places like this to meditate," Murasaki said, "You should see the first place I meditated. High up in the mountains. It was a rough path and I meditated for over 5 hours straight. During that time, I saw how gentle the air can be. It slowed things down. It made it faster. Wind was harsher and I always saw the Air to be the same. Until I opened my eyes and my mind was at peace with it. This helped me develop air breathing."

"Everyone's training is different. You achieving this great skill through those long hours is truly commendable."

Moriyama noticed that his voice was softer as he praised her. She didn't know what it was but she felt like she could tell him anything. The calming wind, the sounds of peace and nature and sitting beside this man with his open personality made her want to blurt out everything she can.

"I killed my mother and became a Hashira."

The flame headed hashira sat there looking at his fellow hashira completely dumbfounded. He had heard of Uzui training involving him killing two of his siblings but hearing it from the Air Hashira's mouth that she had killed her mother still had him speechless. Her face was still serene and unbothered as she looked out at the distance, the wind fluttering her hair. Although she seemed undisturbed, he saw through her. She was still mourning to this day and he wanted to try his best at reminding her that she wasn't alone and could always rely on him to be here.

"She turned into a demon and became a Lower one," she continued, "I believe she was at a village near the sea. She always loved the ocean. It's where she and my dad first bonded for a mission." She gradually smiled as she remembered her mother telling her tales of her times.

"CAW! MORIYAMA MURASAKI! A MESSAGE FOR MORIYAMA MURASAKI!

"I HEARD YA ALREADY! JUST SAY WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!"

"Tokushima Prefecture. Kanroji Mitsuri was sent there but her location is unknown three days after she left. Moriyama Moriko was also seen in that area. The last recorded location was near the Wisteria Inn at Mount Tsurugi"

"Mori..."

Moriyama wasted no time in grabbing her sword to head to Tokushima. There were rumours about a village in that area being surrounded by yokai, spirits of all kinds. But the demon slayers knew better. They were demons. She suspected that many swordsmen were sent there. Most of them were slain but couldn't defeat the one controlling them so Master sent Kanroji there. I don't doubt Kanroji's abilities but Moriko in this state might be a hindrance in her mission. This is my fault. I shouldn't have left her alone.

"If it's not any trouble, Moriyama-san. I wish to accompany you," said Rengoku.

Perhaps it's a good idea. After all, Mori's most likely mad at me. Having Rengoku there might ease the situation a bit.