twenty five

Life out of school just felt like summer. Well if you take away the fact they joined the fight against the wizarding war and the majority were in Auror training it was like summer.

James and Eloise were due to move into James' house, Eloise just had to finish packing away her room at home. They thought it would be best to do this because of the order and their relationship was serious enough. But they wouldn't be getting their own home until they could make their own money.

James was still trying to work out the perfect way to ask Eloise to marry him. The world was at war and he wanted to be with her forever, but forever was uncertain. So he didn't want to waste time.

He knew that forever was however long he was with her.

That meant he wanted to make everything perfect for her.

Then he realised, she was messy, she didn't like perfect and put together, so he'd ask her when neither of them expected it. That meant he had no idea when that would be.

The next day James apparated to her house to pick up her boxes of things and whilst he was doing that she was saying her goodbyes.

"Mum I love you so much okay, I'll visit every week I promise, I'll miss you so much." She said hugging her not wanting to let go.

"You can't live your life around me, sweetheart, you need to get out there, see what I didn't when I was your age." Her mum said in a loving way.

"And dad, same goes for you, thank you for everything." She moved over to hug him. "Don't drive mum insane."

"Even though you're moving out your still going to be my little girl, I love you." He said kissing her forehead in a fatherly way.

"James will be waiting so I best be off." She walked out of the front door. "Bye!" And with that she apparated away.

"It feels like just yesterday she was going off to school, remember she didn't even turn back once she got on that plane." Her mum wiped a tear that flew down her cheek. "It feels like she slipped away without us even knowing it."

"She will always be our girl. Forever."

To Eloise it felt like she had to grow up in the space of a month, from learning about the order to moving out and life just becoming a huge thing. So when she turns up at James door with the last box every feeling hits her like a ton of bricks.

But she didn't cry. She couldn't cry. She didn't stop herself, she just physically couldn't do it.

So when James found her with an empty look on her face she just held her. He held on until she was ready to let go. Because he was ready to live his life for her, he was ready to live his life with her.

"We should get sorted inside." The blonde girl said muffled into James chest.

"Okay." He lifted her chin and planted a kiss on her lips.

He made her feel safe and secure and that was all she could ask for.

Once they said their hellos to Euphemia and Fleamont they began to unpack in James' (now Eloise's too) room.

"What in merlins name is this." James asked holding up a silver ball.

"That is a mirror ball." Eloise told him. "My mum got me it when I was 10 because she said when you look at a mirror ball you see every version of yourself and when I was born that's what I did for her."

James smiled. "That's how you made me feel. Before I met you I only knew the version of me you met but then you helped me find the true me."

He knew this was the right moment.

So he got down on his knee.

Eloise was in a state of pure shock. Not bad shock but she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Els, I love you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me, don't tell Sirius I said that." The blonde girl laughed with tears streaming down her face. "I love being around you, and I think we should make forever together. Marry me, love?"

She could barely get her words out. "Yes. Of course!"

Their lips crashed together, his hands found her waist. Her hands found their way to his messy Raven coloured hair.

It might not have been huge but to them it was perfect. Completely perfect.

A/N

Thought I'd kill too birds with one stone.

Sad that after this chapter it's pretty much just one shots and then it's over :(

Dw though because I'm writing a new book rn :)