The guy with the hoodie | Park Jimin

I sat on the picnic bench as I normally do everyday with my sketchbook and pencil in my hand, I also sat here to stare at Jimin, he sat under a tree with a sketchbook and pencil in his hand while he had headphones on.

Everything he does was so beautiful and my feelings got deeper each day. He barely talked with anyone, he sits under the same tree everyday as he sketches and listens to music. I wanted to approach him and start a conversation with him but every time I tried to, I would get nervous and chicken out. The only classes I had with him was art and that was the only class I was excited for. Although I never actually got to talk to him, seeing him made my day. As I stared at Jimin, it gave me a sketch idea, although I wouldn't be able to capture all of his beauty, I wanted to savour the moment.

I started to draw the environment around Jimin then I drew the trees and then Jimin's side profile, from his face shape, to his eyes, to his lips, to his hair and to the rest of his body. After I finished, I looked at my sketch and a small smile appeared on my face.

The bell rang and it was time for art class, my heart beat quickened in excitement and I started to quickly make my way to the art room. As I walked into the room I made my way infront of the easel which had a blank canvas on it. I saw Jimin walk in with the hoodie on his head and his hands in his pocket. We made eye contact and my heart stopped in that second, I shyly smiled at him and he reciprocated a small smile. I quickly looked away as I felt my cheeks get hot.

After we drew on the canvas we had to give it to our teacher, I decided to draw two faces, one side we wanted to portray to the world and one side we keep hidden inside that nobody knows. I wasn't fully comfortable with my drawings and always gave it to the teacher last, but unluckily Jimin was waiting behind me and it made me more anxious to hide my canvas.
I was next and I turned to look at Jimin, "you can go first." I spoke up nervously but he smiled and shook his head, "no you." I bit my lip as I nodded and quickly gave my canvas to my teacher and walked out.

It was the next day and I finally plucked up the courage to talk to him, he sat in his usual spot under the tree with a sketchbook and a pencil in his hand and headphones in his ear. I walked up to him and stood in front of him, while fidgeting with my fingers, he noticed me as he looked up and took his headphones out of his ear.

"Hey...is it okay if I sit here?" I asked hesitantly as I bit my lip. He smiled as he nodded. I sat down beside him and looked at his sketch, it was a drawing of the beautiful cherry blossom tree in front of us.

"Your drawing is amazing!" I looked in awe.

"Thank you." He smiled widely that his eyes began to disappear and my heart fluttered at the sight.

"Can I have a look?" I pointed towards his sketchbook.

"Sure." He accepted as he gave me his sketchbook. I looked through all the pages, shocked at the details of his drawings.

Then I heard Jimin spoke up again, "Do you mind if I take a look at yours?" I was so engrossed in his art that I barely paid attention to what he was saying, to which I gave him my sketchbook.

"Is that...is that me?" He spoke up timidly, I turned to look at my sketchbook and then him, his eyes were already on me.

My eyes widened in horror, I quickly snatched my sketchbook out of his hands and stuffed it in my backpack.

"I-" I couldn't even form words, my brain was fuzzy. I quickly got up and tried to explain myself somehow.

"I am so sorry, you must feel so uncomfortable and violated, I couldn't help myself, you looked so beautiful and I wanted to somehow show it through my sketch." My lips parted as I realised what I just confessed.

"You think I look beautiful?" His expression was filled with shock and I internally face palmed myself.

"I'm so sorry, I'm gonna go now." I apologised and sprinted away from him, i embarrassed myself in front of a guy I like.

For days I tried to avoid Jimin, I never sat by the picnic bench, I avoided eye contact with him in art class. As soon as the bell rang I would quickly pack up my things and head for the door.

"Y/N, please wait." I heard a familiar voice call out to me, It was Jimin and I quickened my pace.

I felt a hand on my wrist to stop me from walking any further, "Please stop avoiding me." He spoke again in desperation. I turned to look at him and his eyes was showing pure sadness and it broke my heart.

"You're the first person to ever come up to me, people think I'm weird and quiet and they try to steer clear of me, but you didn't, you saw passed all that and saw me as me and not a weirdo." My heart fluttered at what he said and a small smile appeared on my face.

"Come with me." He demanded as his hand was firmly still on my wrist and dragged me back to the art room. I looked at him with my eyes furrowed as to what we were doing here. He took out his canvas and turned it around to show it to me. My eyes widened as I looked at the sketch, my heart began to beat rapidly. It was me. He drew me.

"This is why I didn't want to go first." I looked up and he scratched the back of his neck and his cheeks were a light shade of pink.

"It's amazing, Jimin." I looked back at the sketch in astonishment.

"I-I like you, Y/N." He stuttered as he confessed and I felt my own cheeks warming up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to my embrace.

"I like you too, Jimin." I whispered in his ear, I could feel Jimin's heart beating out of his chest, it made me so happy to know that I had that affect on him.

"I...I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me..." he asked, hesitantly. I pulled away but still had my arms around his neck. "I would love to." I replied back as I beamed and his expression mirrored mine.