The Garden

*Dravens POV*

     It was unlike anything I've ever seen on earth, Lush green grass flowing in the winds for miles. It looked as if it never ended stretching over the hills peaks. Everyone had looked as if they stepped into a fantasy world, I was surprised we were still even on earth at all. Lucifier, Lilith and I began to walk along a rock path next to the flowing river, with the cleanest water I'd ever seen on the planet. Even though I was mesmerized by the sight of it, I couldn't get my mind of the situation we were in. Felt guilty for letting any of this go on as far as its gone, for having most people here in danger. Lucifier quickly caught my distressed expression.

He put a huge hand on my shoulder. "I can tell you're putting most of the blame on yourself, but he tricked all of us...We each have our own reason for doing this." 

"yeah," I sighed lifting my head to look at Lyra. I knew she was doing this partly for herself, she has a thing about holding a grudge. On the other hand though I knew somewhere she was doing this, putting herself in line of danger for me. I could never forgive myself if she got even more hurt than she already is, or worse. I shook my head in the direction of her. "enough people have gotten hurt enough as it is..."

A loud booming voice all too familiar rang our ear drums.

"well... look what the human girl dragged in."  

I bumped into Lyra who stopped a few feet in front of me. She was stark cold as if she were ice. Quickly my glance shot upward. I was horrified at the sight in front of me. My old boss, a man I looked up to as a mentor, someone who taught me everything I knew was holding a sword above a tied up and terrified Rainn .

His hand had a fistful of her gray dyed hair. She was crying her makeup smeared like black waterfalls down her pale peachy skin. A rush of animus rushed through my blood, almost as if it were boiling. Quickly as it started Lucifier held me back by the shoulders, the smug look on gods face made it worse. "Put down you Scythes and other weapons" We did as told.

Lucifier looked at him differently than I originally had assumed, like a longing for something that wasn't there anymore. A longing for something that had long been dead. "Cut the bullshit Gaddiel!" Me and Lyra look at him with confusion.

Quickly the old man became enraged "HOW DARE YOU USE MY REAL NAME!" he quickly diverted his attention from Rainn to Lucifer. "YOU LOST THE RIGHT TO THAT CENTURIES AGO, WHEN YOUR LITTLE PLAY THING CAME ALONG AND RUINED EVERYTHING!" He held the sword in his hand away from Rainn, I sighed relieved. 

Quickly his attention shifted almost as if he got an idea, he looked directly at Lyra, quickly I jumped in front of her, only to be slashed at. I dodged only getting slightly grazed on my right side. Blood fell from me, but how? I wasn't human... 

"The only place on earth where everyone is human, I don't know why...You can kill me here but I can kill all of you too... you might want to consider your decisions." It was as if the old man could read every thought running through my head. His attention was brought back to Lyra, who looked mortified and as if she were reconsidering her options. He knew it too.

"You know my dear, we arent as different as you think," he held a hand out for her to take, she was reluctant so much he grabbed it anyways, me and Lucifer changing our stance to more defensive. "Hear me out, you remember how you begged me to get Draven to stay at Heavens base every day you worked there? How you wanted a perfect life with him with a picket fenced house? I wanted something like that for every single one of my people, and if you come onto my side again you can have everything just as you imagine." She visibly considers it and my heart sinks with not knowing her choice. 

I knew if she said yes, we were all done for.

                                                                  *Lyra's POV* 

I looked at my hand in his, I considered a life with a man in a white picket fenced house living alone just the two of us. A record player spinning in the background old timey styled romantic music. We were dancing across the wooden floor almost as if in a fantasy tale. I was a princess and he a prince. without a second of reconsideration I shook my head yes, I looked in the eyes of Draven who looked heartbroken. I felt powerful, like I had complete control of the situation that played out I waved my burned and bandaged hand at him and I saw him start to cry a plead in desperation... and it felt so damn good....

until it didn't.

The old man handed me the sword, my reflection shot back at me. "Prove you're loyalty to me, kill the human girl and I will give you everything you want and more, you will become my new favorite angel, we'll kill Adam and you can take his place." I stood atop the stone ledge where she was tied and helt the sword grip tightly, palms sweating profusely. The human girl closed her eyes, Draven tried lunging at me but the old man held him back. Lucifer was running up to stop me. 

He didn't Have to.

"I am nobodies prized toy in some dollhouse!" I looked Lucifier dead in the eyes and threw the sword into his possession. In one fell motion he stabbed through Gaddiel straight through the chest near his heart. He coughed up blood as it poured out of his body onto the stone path. Draven went to go untie Rainn. Gaddiel ushered over Lucifer and whispered in his ear when slowly his eyes drained of life ... I sighed falling to the ground stone path in exhaustion, I'm terrible at acting.

                                                        *Rainn's POV* 

As soon as he untied me from my rope prison I quickly embraced him in a hug. I was overjoyed to see him again right when I was convinced I was never going to . I had so many unanswered questions running through my brain I wanted to ask but I didn't want a question to be the first real sentence I said to him. when he finally left the hug he looked me in the eyes, His eyes were such a deeply ocean blue almost like being swept out to sea by them when all of sudden...

"I love you Rainn." 

His deep voice caught me off guard. I blushed deep crimson,  Instantly I pulled him into my first kiss ever, I started to cry happy tears.

"I love you too, Draven."