The Nightmare

*Lyra POV*

 I hadn't gone back to my heavens base room for a number of time I didn't even know, years in her world and you couldn't measure time here.My hair was tangled and disarray, it looked like burned straw with as frizzy as it was, my eyes were completely grey underneath. Peter everyday came in checked on me knew I wasn't doing well just by looking at me.

"maybe you should give watching Draven a rest, its not like if you leave for awhile he'll dissapear." Funny how wrong he was, if only he could know.

"Im fine Peter, but thanks for the concern" I knew he was going to report back to God, It was Peters job after all. I had to think of a way to get rid of that stupid human girl and fast. If I didn't God would either come to me to find out whats wrong or he'll check on Draven himself, He'll hear that ignorant girl say his name and it'll all be over, no more Draven and possibly no more me for keeping his secret for this long.

"Lyra, your going to cause yourself to have nightmares if you keep up with this." Peters words echoed in my head. Damn Peter your only ever a genius when you don't know it. I hugged him, trying my best to sound put together and non-excited that he just helped me with this girls demise.

"Thank you Peter, but I can assure you everything is going to be fine." hey it wasn't a lie. With that Peter left , whether he was going to tell that old relic or not it didn't matter, she'd be dead by the time he told him anyway. I calibrated the machine and hit a big dark grey button and leaned back in my chair with a huge extended grin. Time to just sit back and watch.

                                                          *Rainn's POV*

  I looked at the page over and over every day after school. Lucifer and Lilith being the overlords of Hell couldn't be some coincidence but I couldn't exactly believe everything that book told me either. In the book I'd read it was stated that Lilith was made for a man named Adam by God to be his wife, although she denied wanting her own indepedence , she fled their home because of this and came back to find that adam had another women, Eve, instead outraged she fled to be with Lucifier and became the queen of hell. The only problem was their was no word of Adam or independence in her journal , of course it could of happen before it was written. For the time being I came to this conclusion , decided to question Draven on Lilith and Lucifer. He was standing in the corner of the room looking my book shelf up and down back facing towards me.

"Draven?" He turned around suddenly , almost causing me to fall over from the sudden movement. His eyes seemed like he wanted to apologize. "its okay, I'm fine." I turned the book around showing him the title of the tale of Lilith, he looked confused like he didn't know who that was. I pointed to the word Lucifer, and suddenly his arms tensed, bingo! "you know who this is don't you? but for some reason you can't speak to me or tell me?" He looked me in the eyes like he wanted to say something but couldn't. I got frustrated, "Lilith was a human just like me and she could talk to Lucifer who was a reaper like you just fine, why can't we be like them?!"

He remained silent, I looked out the window , pitch black night sky stared back at me. crickets chirped and the wind blew my hair glided in the wind, brushing past my eyes. ugh, I hated the color, I should dye it. I eventually gave up the questioning, took a quick shower and headed off to bed. I had a rough test in the morning I didn't study for, oh well figuring this out was more important to me anyway. I drifted off to sleep easily , little did I realize it wouldn't last.

 I Awoke in a field of  no color , it was dark gray sky and light gray ground. I was in a dress, white and frilly, totally not my style.My hair was a bleach blonde nothing I could ever pull off. Draven was by me only somewhat different. His hair wasn't black but a white and instead of falling into his eyes it was parted showing off his forehead. He was pale but not as pale as before and he was wearing a suit not his usual cloak, no cloak at all actually. He had long dark black swan like wings, he was wearing a crown of black metal. I didn't realize it but I was wearing a tiara of black metal too. Draven leaned over to me and said "I love you Rainn"   A old man way beyond any age I could imagined stepped toward us with a brown haired girl by his side, she had a wicked smile, Draven looked instantly threatened. We were sitting on thrown's the both of us when the old man threw me on the ground, arms behind my back . Draven tried to stop them both when the old man stabbed him right through his chest, blood pooling to the floor he fell, and then the old man cut off his gorgeous wings,  the brown haired girl was crying now, not a smile on her face. He shoved me from the ground in the direction of the girl she laughed. "Is this what you wanted? you wanted him to talk to you  and this is what happened. All of this is your fault! " and with the same long sword the old man had stabbed Draven with she slammed down on my head, cutting it off instantly.

I awoke in a panic, panting and desperately grasping for air. When I opened my eyes he was standing over me, looking at me with sincere worry. He still never spoke a word and for the first time I was glad he didn't. I looked at the clock on my bedside table only a few hours had gone by. I sighed finally catching my breath and jumped to my desk where the journal was sitting I took a metallic silver pen  and wrote out the nightmare before I could forget its every detail. Draven looked at me with concern and I never went back to sleep that night.