Adam

*Lyra's POV*

"Alright sir, so now what do we do?"I exclaimed in pain and exhausted.

"We don't do anything, You are wounded and will be on bench rest watching Draven and that human girls every move, continue trying to get him to kill her...While I pay him a visit." I couldn't believe my ears God hadn't laid foot on the human world in centuries. "You heard what I said now get to the observing." I didn't get it , there had to be more to this. I seemingly walked out only to hide behind a wall to over hear. It was wrong but I needed to, make sure Draven was safe.

Peters old man voice was low, almost hushed "Sir? Whats the plan? I told you the book was burned sir, you already knew she didnt- " he was cut off.

"Yes Adam I didn't want her knowing that I know...now that he's betrayed her she won't care if he disappears from her life and gets banished first." Adam? that's not Peters name...What the fuck?

"Sir you haven't called me that in a long time, what if the others hear you?" Peter looked around flustered almost whispering.

"Adam its fine, its not like anyone knows that names meaning besides... you know who...anyways," he wrapped his arm around what I thought was Peters shoulders. "The only thing that had your real name in it is now burned to ash, and soon Draven and the human girl won't be an issue."

Peter looked worried "how is that sir?and what about Lyra?"

Gods eyes grew large and prominent "We simply repeat history my friend, we kill the human she forgets her life before death and we banish Draven and then we banish Lyra." I had heard enough I rushed off to the observer deck... I had to warn Draven somehow...

                                                         *Draven's POV*

Rainn was upset with me for a whole week, she never spoke to me during that whole time. She kept as much distance from me as she possibly could. She'd shut her bedroom door in my face never letting me in anymore, she had taken all the notes she had kept in the journal and shoved it into a box underneath her bed. She obviously no longer wanted anything to do with me. At the time I thought maybe that was for the best, the less she had to do with me the better. She's more safe the farther she was from me. As time passed she made more human friends, I still followed her but it was no longer the same, she never looked back to see if I was keeping an eye on her, she never gave me a slight smile when we'd catch eyes, nothing.

Eventually I started getting farther and farther away, I'd still be in watching distance but she was fuzzy barely visible. One particular night when her parents were out of town she went to a popular friends party, as much as I despised parties I had to go, make sure she was alright.

It was terribly loud, music banging my ears, gross teenagers were making out with people they barely knew, drinking excessively and smoking. Out of all the things I despised that will eventually kill you cigarettes and excessive alcohol  were two of my top loathed. Its like purposely trying to ruin your one chance at life...well, what they think is their one chance at life.

Rainn was dressed in a sleeveless black dress, laced black ribbons holding together some white laced fabric falling out either side. It uh...well...extenuated her curves quite nicely and almost every guy and girl in that party knew it, and it made me green eyes with jealousy. One in particular, the one that hosted the party, looked her up and down with his mouth open like a dog. I would of gave my whole comic book collection back at base to be able to punch him in the face, would of gave anything just to wrap my arms around her waist and have her be mine.

Eventually she went over started talking to him, flirting. If she wasn't doing it on purpose to try and get me infuriated she was doing a hell of a job at it. I noticed them both walk upstairs the balcony of the mansion type house. I followed close behind, There is no way shes into this loser. Soon I noticed him drag out a small cardboard box. He pulled a long white stick out from the cardboard box, grabbed a hand lighter  and offered them to her.She took them, lit the cigarette, i couldn't believe her! I get being rebellious toward her stubborn parents but this was over the line.

AW HELL NO. Quickly I rushed in front of her and shook my head in a no motion. I clapped my hands together and got on my knees in a begging stance, mouthing the word "Please" over and over hoping she'd listen after all she was upset with me, I just hope she wasn't mad enough to do it out of spite.

                                                                         *Rainn's POV*

I knew in the bottom of my heart that going to a head of the football team of my high schools party was a bad idea, but my parents were out of town, I was a junior and I didn't know how much time on this earth I had left. After all for most of my life Draven's been following close behind me like they say, the closer your reaper is to you the closer you are to death. Plus it was time I focused more on my life than his, in my 17 years of living I not once had kissed anyone. Sure I had a crush on a girl here and a guy there, even one on Draven those first (when I was like 5) and last couple of years up till he burned the journal. Plus it was crazy his job was to kill me, how could I ever want to date someone who HAS to kill me!

It didn't matter, its not like he felt the same way.

When I got to the house it was 3 stories high, white mansion with really tall pillars. When I walked in all eyes (men and woman) were on me. Immediately the captain of the football team and the man hosting the party walked up to me.

"Rainn I didn't e-expect you to s-show yup!" He was obviously drunk, he was drooling from the mouth, looking me up and down. I shifted my eyes to glance at Draven, just so he couldn't see. He looked about ready to smash his head in, maybe he was into me and thats why he hasn't killed me yet, he can't. I shrugged off the notion that couldn't be it, that's just insane.

I wanted to test and see if I was right, quickly I curled my hair in my finger and bit my lip. "well I'm so glad I ran into you." I glanced, his eyes were glaring with attentiveness. Holy shit I was right but thats insane!  I had forgotten all about the football captain.

"w-would you l-like toooo coome toooo the balcony w-with me?" I shook my head and looked at my phones clock.

"Actually its getting late I should probably get home and study for th-" I was cut off abruptly. He grabbed me by the wrist.

"Come o-on it'll be a b-blast!" as he dragged me up the steps. Once we got there he pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. "H-Haves O-ne" he said through slurred speech. I picked them both out of his hand. Eh I've never tried it before so why not? I wanted a little rebellion from my parents anyway.

I lit the cig up and suddenly Dravens towering body was in front of me, He shook his head no. Eyes full of helplessness he collapsed to the ground begging me not to, please read on his lips and I kinda got angry at first. Why the hell does he always have to decide things for me, hes just doing this cause he's jealous.

then I second my thoughts, all Dravens ever done my whole life is try and protect me, maybe thats why he threw the book in the fire, and maybe thats why hes trying to get me to not smoke. I throw the cigarette on the ground stomp on it, thank the football captain for inviting me to the party and walk out happy that I finally understood something about Draven.