History Repeating

*Lyras POV*

 I listened intently as Adam told me his story, constantly looking behind my back half expecting our boss to appear. He seemed alarmed, like a mouse knowing a cat was nearby. I honestly didn't expect him to trust me as much as he had... maybe it was the years of guilt, or the fact he saw a little of himself in me, in either case he explained every detail to me from beginning to end.

  Way back in time, before heavens base was even existent the earth was created with only four original people. All men and all for different purposes. God (who passing many generations go by many names) , created by the universe to be the puppetmaster and choose between right and wrongs the people viewed, along with being granted the power to do whatever he needed to create the perfect world he envisioned . Lilith who was created to record all the things that happened around the world exactly how they played out.  Lucifier , gods loyal reaper to all the people and Me , Adam was Gods favorite toy and known as the first created human, made to be used as a doll for Gods game of dollhouse.

When it was just the four of us it was nice and peaceful, we all got along, were at peace with one another, were even best friends. That is until I mentioned to him that I was lonely, he insisted on giving his best creation whatever he wanted so I would give him suggestions on the perfect woman to make, but none of them seemed like they were for me.So he started making matches for them, they had babies, eventually it got out of control. At the time he started to notice how close I was with Lilith... asked me how I felt and against better judgment I told him I wanted romantic relations with Lilith but that was against God's wishes. I will never forget the words "Its okay I can fix it for you." I didnt know what that meant but to this day I wish I never would of told him.

Back then Lucifier and him were the best of friends along with us,  until he started to disagree with him and what he viewed as right and wrong of the people. He started dictating who they could love , what they could believe and how they lived. Lucifer did not agree saying people should get to decide how they want to live, choose to love anyone they want and what they believed was right and wrong depending on each person.

Remember Lilith? yeah well he was best friends with me and Lucifer back then but it was always obvious to us they wanted to be something more, now to this day I don't know if god did this out of  spite to Lucifer or to help me or both ... but he turned Lilith into a woman and demanded that she'd love me, and have children with me. She obviously didn't reciprocate and screamed how much love she felt for Lucifer instead, was so upset from taking the gender identity away, started dressing and acting like a man, like he was before.

God asked for my advice on how to fix this mess and I told him controlling the people as a human wont do you any good they must see you as superior a higher being of will, We made up elaborate stories to make the followers believe and it just snowballed into what the religious books are now. I told him you need to make a place for where the followers go and where the consequences of not following leads you, together we build heavens base and hell, reapers too watch over the living and make sure they stay in check collecting the soul when it dies and the angels watching over the reaper making sure they listen,record what happens and God watching over the few of us their are.

Once Lucifer and Lilith found out they were furious saying the reapers replaced Lucifer and the Angels replaced Lilith and saying how the dictatorship has gone too far... immediately without alarm he stabbed Lucifer as Lilith watched in horror, distraught she keeled over his lifeless being crying, in another motion as if slicing butter, he cut off Lilith head. Lilith (soul a man again) a human who would never remember his life forever living in amnesia, Lucifer forever damned to try and help his husband remember the life they had before both stuck in a purgatory state realm, with no way out. Truly a place you never want to go.

Later on I started to regret it as I was ordered to spend my lifetime watching Lucifer and Lilith live in hell keeping close eye over them, they learned to live with the struggles, built a house, a garden, hell a thrown room after all you cant fight a war with one king and one pair of commoners. The guilt consumed me over the decades, I wanted to tell them I was sorry but never built up enough courage too.

Now God's dollhouse he controls is being smashed apart by a reaper and a human all over again, as they say in the human world history repeats itself.

 I remember most of my jaw open in amazement and horror, I was just like him trying to get someone to love me that didn't and probably never would, I was just like God wanting a perfect dollhouse type life with Draven. I felt like my heart had rolled around in a dumpster, heavy, full of regret and sludge covered. I felt sick. From both knowing that God KILLED them but is willing to do exactly the same thing to me, to Adam, to my  best friend Draven. I grabbed Adam in completely blind rage "HOW DO WE SAVE THEM?"

He sighed "I have a way...I'll help , heres the plan..."

                                                              *Dravens POV*

 I used to spend decades in this room... you couldn't measure time here and I especially couldn't now. Every second felt like a year ticking by... did she notice I was gone yet? Did more time pass than I thought? Was she married, have children yet? I couldn't know. When I was first thrown in this jail cell, I tried as best as I could to get out, shaking the bars, looking for other exits...no luck. Eventually, I just gave up trying. Laid on my old bed listening to my old music player, flipping through the comic books again, thinking. Did I really want her to save me? Her life sounded so well off without me in it. I doubt she'd be in danger without me around, she would forget me. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep thinking about what life would be like if I was in that football players shoes.

A nice house, with one single child to spoil rotten, I'd be a comic book author telling our stories and she'd be the illustrator drawing each panel. People would be more understanding, more accepting of a reaper and a human, along with their child. We'd be happy, not afraid of the closed-minded individuals because there, there wouldn't be any.

I was awoken by a familiar voice, and a maniacal one at that. Old and worn, he made his henchman and my old friend Peter tie my hands, feet and drag me all the way to the descent machine. "what are you doing?" I asked puzzled, "I thought that only lead to the human earth?"

In a gruff old voice he bellowed "oh no my subject, it leads to many different areas, this one in particular leads to a very desolate location. "

"Peter arent you gonna stop him, come on we used to be friends?" I screamed almost in tears from frustration and desperation. He shook his head.

"Sorry Draven, I follow God's will." but when the old boss himself laughed manically with eyes shut  Peter gave me a purposeful wink... was I going crazy? with that he pushed the button and began my decent into the desolate place with a name I was all too familiar with... Hell.